Dear Heart

Dear Heart,
I know you're broken. I can feel the grief and ache within you when you sight him. You're in a state of humdrum and hustle bustle. There are a million questions that I've triggered in you, the answers of which I've told you repeatedly. But you. You're stubborn and stupid. You want to hear them all over again. You want to be told that you're worthless. You want to be felt like you don't matter at all. You're looking for answers you don't want to hear, yet so badly hear. This is ridiculous. It's pathetic. But you know what? It's alright. It okay to be stupid or high sometimes. You know the truth. I've told you a million times and I tell you again. He's not what he appears to you. He's just an ordinary guy, who, like all other guys, will leave you one day. I know his promises flash before you right now, but remember my love, promises are made to be broken. Always. He may treat you well, he may show that he cares when he's with you. But who knows, does he actually care? Because those who care make an effort, regardless of how fast and thick things are running upon them. Busy is not a word that exists in their dictionary, because when it comes to loved ones, you make time. You need to know the difference, dear heart. Those who talk to you in their free time and those who free their time to talk to you are two ends of an ocean. Far apart and far different from one another, yet appearing so similar. I know you're thinking, "what if they're genuinely busy?" or "what if they're not having a good day?" This doesn't happen everyday. Stop defending them. Don't let love weaken you to the bones. "It already has..." It hasn't. It certainly hasn't. You're not weak, dear heart. You're braver than me. Because it's you who's fighting this battle. All alone. I'm not sure whether I'm helping you. Because all I'm doing is instigating you to quit, or burst out in grief caused by their memories. But you. Oh lord, you. Created with clots of blood just like me, yet you're so strong. And that's why I'm assuring you; you are unbreakable. Lift up yourself, come on. Let's cease to love someone who can't appreciate you. I know it's hard. I know it seems impossible. But trust me, it's not. You can do it. You will do it. And you will do it alone. I'll be here, watching you fight this. I'll try to help you, but mostly hinder you. Because as much as I love you, I'm sorry I end up hurting you only because of your requests: what pleases you hurts you more. I'm bound to give in to you, only to cause more grief. But remember this: you shan't give up. And you are with you, always. Because everything else leaves you in the dark, doesn't matter if it's your own shadow. Goodbye, God bless.

Your secret well wisher,
The mind.