Us.

I often wonder why it is easier to burn and go on hurting yourself than to truly heal. Time has subjected me to smile and lie away that your memories no longer hurt me, but the truth remains hidden in the deepest chapters of my bosom.

There's a lot that reminds me of you. And much more that reminds me of us. We spent nights talking to each other, wishing how we could be by each others side and cuddle, but how unfortunate we were for we had fallen in love at the wrong time. That's what hurts the most you know: right person, wrong time. Salt and sugar together wouldn't taste that bad, for sometimes, odd combinations do make it through. But this is one thing that hurts to the core. It leaves a mark for forever, and no matter how many people you meet, no one can just be as good as them.

It's been nearly 9 months since we were together and happy. What I wonder is why you left, and why our love vanished into thin air. We were madly, deeply, crazily and completely in love with each other. We had accepted each other's flaws which classified us as inferior people in the society, and let out all we had. Everyone has a dark side, no? And everyone has a drunken side, you know. Even the best of our friends haven't experienced the real us, have they? We did. We knew our habits: good and bad, likes and dislikes, dos and don'ts.

We adopted each other's hobbies and tried transforming ourselves the way we wanted us. Both of us wanted to be the perfect couple, you see. Maybe that's why I still prefer oreo shake over kitkat, coffee over tea and football over cricket. And maybe that's why you began to wear blue a bit more often, and smoked cigarettes over weed.

There are still nights I spend weeping under my blanket, remembering how I used to imagine us in the cutest of situations. I still cry on the bathroom floor at 4 in the morning, only to not have anyone to wipe these tears off. People are just so cruel at times, no? They make you feel special, only to abandon you in
solitude. That's why I prefer books over movies, for they're your best friends. They don't complain, or demand. They just stay, for as long as you want them to. And all I can say is, I wished you'd be like a book because that's only how you'd stay forever.