Hurt

3 AM in the morning and I feel like puffing the grief out of my chest. But somehow, with every breath I inhale, a part of me breaks. I feel like stopping time. And abolishing my capacity of pondering over our past. But tonight, your thoughts just go on clouding my head. Your words echo around me, like the "forever" we shout out standing on the cliff gazing at the stars that light up the sky, wishing we were one of them. Each and every sentence you said in my admiration and each and every song you sang dedicating it to me is killing me. They strike me like a knife, cutting right through me heart and shattering it into a million pieces.

I close my eyes and your face lights up, just like my phone used to light up, flooded by your texts. I had always been a sleep lover, but now the unexpected time has arrived when I dread shutting my lids for an instant. You're a memory that haunts my soul, like spectre with dazzling white teeth which shine bright upon smiling wickedly.

Malboro lights had been a favourite. But now, I just can't seem to inhale even a puff of it, for it tastes like your lips at our first kiss. It feels like the smoke in my lungs will shatter them too, just like you shattered my heart, but not completely. That's the worst part about being hurt. They leave you in a million pieces instead of not leaving you at all. And this makes it much more difficult to respire. You may say that broken appears angelic to your soul, but you and I both know, it's certainly not. It hurts and hurts and hurts, but it does not kill. And this hurt, it continues for forever.