High

It's about to strike two: the wind getting slightly chiller by the coast, the waves, rough, yet so soothing. The winds chill you to the bone at times, don't they? But you still allow them to cut right through your face, for perhaps it is the only thing that doesn't leaves scars. Strange, no?

The world is weird, it's happenings are erratic and it's people they're demons. But you know why we never figure that out in first sight just like love, because these diabolical things are overlain by layers of falseness, and these layers are called beauty.

Masks are wonderful indeed, aren't they? We all are fascinated by masquerade theme parties. But is anyone of us fascinated by the demons that lie beneath those angelic coverings. I think not. Well, let's take the cat out of the bag tonight: demons fascinate me. Yes. They run shivers down my spine, yet manage to get me high.

I often have to lie why I am so sober. The truth is, I certainly am not. I'm high. Always. We're all a little drunken in our sobriety, no?
But I'm a little weird, a bit more than this world. I'm high. Always. And these chilly winds are just partly the reason for my highness. No. I'm not high on whiskey, or cocaine, or opium. I'm high on hurt. On sadness. On scars.

People come and go, like the rain and winds these days. They don't strike you with a knife. I swear they don't. They don't even touch your body. But do you know what they do? They murder your soul with a kiss. Yes. Their sugar coated lies are the ones our broken heart craves for: just like an addict craves for his drug. We're all a little high these lies, aren't we? Or wait,no. We're all surviving on these lies. Some 'forevers' light up our day and some 'I love yous' get us breathing for the day. But you know that beneath these words lies our secret murderer, who wishes to rip our soul apart, as if it were a piece of cloth.

Words are powerful indeed. For it's these words that I have been talking about. I use words to express how words ruin souls, yet comfort souls. People are demons, laid under masks of sugar coated lies & their sugar coated words murder us with a kiss and caress, you're know how? When all these end up being lies. And that's when you realise, you were nothing but high all this time.