F O U R

Cleaning. Things had to be clean. Ugh, but that took work.

I was still in my pajamas as I loaded the dishwasher and started the cycle, washing the now empty sink and counter tops. I picked up any loose items from our small little living room, throwing them away before I vacuumed all of the carpet.

My dog watched lazily as I rushed to get everything done. The only thing left after two hours was my room. Don't even get me started on all that. My room was a nightmare and the only thing you could see were my shelves and bed. Clothes were littered all over my floor, both dirty and clean.

Unable to decipher which items were clean and which were dirty, I decided to wash them all, so I put them in a hamper and dragged it to the little room where we had a washing machine and dryer. I was basically out of breath before I had cleaned not even half of my room. My roommate, Hope, was supposed to be back in an hour and I had no idea how I would get everything done before she arrived.

Awsten had offered to help, but I declined because I didn't want him to see my messy house or encounter Hope. I just felt like that wouldn't go too well.

While my clothes were being washed, I slipped on some black jeans and a large knit sweater since I didn't have any clean shirts (logic, right?). I didn't have time for a shower, so I just washed my face and brushed my teeth and hair. I didn't have time for makeup either and I grimaced at my reflection at the mirror. The bags under my eyes were way too prominent and I looked dead inside. Hm. The usual.

There was a knock on the door and I panicked, looking around my room before rushing to answer whoever was knocking.

I unlocked the door and my eyes landed on Hope, who was carrying her luggage and wearing sweatpants and a tank top. Her brown hair was in a ponytail and she had gotten more of a tan. "Hey!" she exclaimed, dropping all her stuff so she could engulf me in a tight hug. "Hey, how was your trip?" I wondered, helping her carry her stuff inside. She collapsed on the couch and sighed deeply, looking tired. "It was good. I missed the nice weather since it's always hot as fuck here," she snorted, standing back up.

"What have you been up to while I was gone?" she wondered, walking into her room. I followed her and sat down on her bed as she began to unpack. I glanced at all the pictures of us on her wall, along with others of her family and ex-girlfriends and boyfriends that she was always too lazy to take down.

"Just work and stuff. The usual. Nothing too exciting, but I did meet this guy named Awsten and he sings in a band," I told her, lying down on my stomach and propping my head up with my hands. "He's in a band? He's not one of those pathetic wannabee losers, is he?" Hope wondered, looking disappointed. "No, he's for real. I met his band mates and listened to their demos last night. They're pretty good," I admitted, scoffing slightly.

"Hm. When do I get to meet him?" she wondered, folding a shirt. "Never. He's not even a friend he just annoys me all the time," I lied, picking at my nail. I'm pretty sure we counted as friends and I was totally full of shit because we both asked each other to hang out. He just happened to be the weirder, funnier, more stupid one.

There was a knock at the door and I looked up, confused. I wondered who was visiting at this time and why. I got up and let out an inhuman groan as I almost fell flat on my face before opening the door, stopping the movement of my hand going through my hair as I saw the blob of blue hair and adorable face standing in front of me.

"Why are you here?" I whispered harshly.

"I felt like it," he responds, pushing gently past me with a huge smile. I stared at him in disbelief, and no, my jaw did not drop. It seemed like something he would normally do to anyone. I watched as he made his way straight for the kitchen, opening the fridge. He popped his blue head in while ducking down, gazing at all the items. "Got any orange juice?"

I groaned and stomped over to him, closing the door. "No, we don't. Can I help you with something?" I muttered, crossing my arms. He stood back up and closed the fridge, looking around. "Nope, just stopping by. How did your cleaning go?" he asked, adjusting the straps of his backpack that was red and had the Coca-Cola logo on it.

"Fine. My roommate just got back and I can't really hang out so--"

"Hey! Is this the band guy?" Hope exclaimed, coming into the living room. I cursed at her mentally, groaning slightly as irritation flooded through my veins. Now he was never going to leave. And don't get me wrong, I really liked him. But I didn't want him to meet Hope. Fuck.

"Hey, I'm Awsten," he said in a normal voice, waving to her. Hope raised her eyebrow at me and I knew I would have to explain things later. "Cool hair by the way. Whatcha doing here?" she pondered, leaning on the kitchen counter across from Awsten and I. "Just visiting here. What about you?"

I snorted, covering my mouth as the sentence left his mouth. "Just checkin' the place out, I was thinking of moving my porn studio here" Hope answered, playing along. Ugh. "Good to know. I thought you were trying to break in or something. Sounds like a good business. Mind if I borrow Charlotte later today? I want to embarrass her more."

"Well, Hope just got back--"

"That sounds fun, I'm sure she'd love to," Hope accepted, giving me an evil look. I shot her a death stare and I mentally prepared myself for whatever Awsten had planned for later in the day. "Okay, I should go, Geoff needs a designated driver. Nice meeting you," he said, leaving just as he came in.

I let out a sigh and immediately turned to Hope. "What was that all about?"

"He's funny! I like him," she laughed, crossing her arms and walking back into her room.

I sighed. Why was I so against them meeting anyway? It's not like I'm falling for this boy or anything, right?