T W E L V E

Awsten's P.O.V

So Otto, Geoff and I went to my favorite Thai restaurant, which should've been great because, like, Thai food and friendship. But then, it wasn't.

I walked through the door after laughing at one of Geoff's dumb jokes and saw something I didn't think would affect me the way that it did. I saw a shiny silver haired girl turn to face me, and I gave her a smile before my eyes landed on a boy next to her. The one I had encountered in her old flat several months before. She was on a date. Oh.

My face fell and I turned away and walked out, running down the street to where Otto parked the car. Fuck. Fuck me. Fuck her. Fuck him. Fuck emotions. Fuck Bing.

I heard the bells of the restaurant doors chime as, I guessed, Otto and Geoff followed me.

"Dude, dude maybe it was her cousin or something, calm down," Otto tried to reason. He was wrong, of course.
"No, she's been on a date with him before. I thought he was gone, and that he was like weird or something. Why am I even upset though?"

"Man, come on, she's been hinting at you for months. Always looking at you like you're the only person in the room and making sure you're happy. She's probably not on a date with him," Geoff added. I thought this over, then screamed "DUDE, I don't care anymore!" I continued my way to the car, I heard a soft voice yell my name. Then I felt a small hand grab my arm. It was her.

"Awsten, okay, you don't understand. I was only on a date with him because I thought you didn't want me because I tried to drop all those hints because I like you a ton and you make me happy and my life a lot better and I think you're an idiot but you're the best idiot ever and so I called him because I told myself you didn't want me and that I should get over you but I can't," she said quickly, and I saw Otto and Geoff back into the car, leaving us alone.

"You dropped hints?"

"Oh my God??? You never picked up on them??" she exclaimed, shoving me. "No, I didn't," I giggled, covering my mouth. Now that I thought about it, I could understand what she was doing. I thought she was just being friendly. "I'm sorry."

I stood there for a few moments, not knowing what to say but, well, what was I supposed to do? Ask her to be my girlfriend? Tell her how much I liked her too? But then I decided to just go for it and kiss her, even though she was way too short and I had to bend to do it.

I pulled away after a couple of seconds and smiled. I was so relieved to know she didn't like Maxx and she liked me instead. I mean I was lame and played stupid music but for some reason she didn't care. "This day couldn't get any better. AND OUR EP DROPPED LIKE FOUR HOURS AGO ISN'T THAT AMAZING?!" I yelled, picking up the small and skinny girl in front of me, twirling her around.

"Awstennn! My ass is like falling out of my dress put me downnnnn!" She whined. Although she was totally adorable and I couldn't help but laugh again. "Sorry, sorry," I apologized, setting her down. She adjusted her black dress so that it wasn't bunched up and looked back at the restaurant. "I feel like an ass though. I just walked out on him," she mumbled, turning back to face me. I rolled my eyes. "Well, you wanna go back?"

"God, no. He bores me to fucking death. I should get home to Lucy and have some dinner. Wanna come over?" Charlotte wondered, her eyes glimmering in the moonlight. "Is that even a question?"

"Okay, well, come on then. You get to drive though, I'm tired," she said, throwing her keys at me. I scrambled to catch them and waved to Geoff and Otto, signaling that I was going with Charlotte. They both wiggled their eyebrows at me and gave me big thumbs up, making me laugh. I just shook my head and followed the silver haired girl in front of me to her car.