T H I R T E E N

Awsten's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning (or was it already morning when I fell asleep? Not sure, honestly.) curled up on a bed that was a bit too small - like INSANELY small, I was about to fall off and it felt like my butt was pressed against the wall or some sort of object and it was totally not comfortable. But then I turned over and saw the familiar tiny girl beside me, breathing peacefully. I debated waking her up but then I would feel bad for disturbing her. Oh well, I decided to do it anyway.

I shook her violently, grabbing her shoulder. Her eyebrows furrowed and she stirred, whacking my hand away and groaning before opening her eyes. She looked happy at first but then her eyes widened and she squirmed away from me, looking afraid. "What are you doing here?!" she yelled, sitting up and running a hand through her tangled hair.

"I just woke up. I guess I fell asleep."

She calmed down a little and relaxed her posture, pulling the blanket to her body. She was still in her dress from the night before and her makeup was slightly smeared from sleeping on her side. "Sorry. I was just surprised. I don't remember falling asleep."

"Neither do I. I'll head home."

"No, you don't have to. Plus you don't have your car..." she argued, grabbing on to my arm to stop me from standing up. "Okay."

"So...um..." she said awkwardly, looking around her room like she was trying to find something for us to do. There was a knock on the door and Lucy walked in, her black hair in a bun. It was the first time I had seen her without makeup and honestly, she looked like a completely different person and it was kinda weird not gonna lie. "Hey, Charlo- wait did I interrupt something? Should I leave? I'll go," she said, obviously misreading the situation.

Charlotte blushed, "No no, it's not like that! We were unpacking and then we fell asleep!" Charlotte tried to defend herself. Then Lucy bent over and picked up the lacy murder weapon that made Charlotte blush, holding it up by the sides. Ooohh it's underwear!

She raised her eyebrows.

"Oh god, no, those fell out of a box I swear!" Charlotte was so cute when she blushed.

"Uh huh.." Lucy said, making Charlotte blush more. She shoved a pillow in my face, obscuring my vision, and yelled, "SEE!" I can only guess she pulled up her dress but couldn't be certain. Oh fuck. Shouldn't have thought of that. I started thinking of Otto naked instead. That didn't help. Made it worse. Just kidding, but seriously, she must have been hot under that dress, like damn.

Charlotte pulled the pillow away from my face, still blushing and tried to act like nothing happened.

"Yeah, so, wanna go somewhere?" I asked, acting nonchalant as well.

"To where?" she asked, shooing Lucy out of the room and closing the door. "I dunno. Thought you might have some good ideas since you're the smart one," I told her, playing with a little souvenir from Idaho that was sitting on her bedside table. "Um..we could just stay here if you want. I can't really think of much to do today," she admitted, holding the pillow to her chest, her legs dangling off the side of her bed.

"Okay. Hey, wanna play 21 questions?" I wondered, trying to think of something for us to do. She raised her eyebrows at me and I couldn't help but admire her complexion. She was really hot like it was a problem honestly. "21 questions? Isn't is usually 20 questions? Plus that game is just an excuse for fuck boys to be gross," she told me, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, well yeah, but I always run out of questions, so I added another one. And come on, just play one round with me," I begged. If I'm being honest, I really just wanted an excuse to get to know her better and I was insanely bad at having "normal people conversations", so I've been told.

"Okay, I'll start," I said, trying to think of a question. "Favorite food?"

"Garlic bread. What's one of your favorite bands?" she asked me. I smiled slightly at her answer to my question before thinking of mine.

"Sum 41. They're hot and I wanna kiss them. Favorite song?"

"Holy by PVRIS. Worst memory?"

"My parents accidentally cooked my frog to death when I was a kid. Favorite place?"

"My room. Worst job?"

"Savers. How would you describe yourself?"

"Annoying, smart-ass, needy. Why do you like being around me so much?"

"You're cool and I like you. Worst boyfriend?"

"Let's not talk about that. Favorite color?"

"Blue, obviously. Yours?"

"Yellow. Where was one of the best shows you've played?"

"In Florida. What are your kinks?"

"None of your business, asshole. Favorite drink?"

"Orange juice, it fuels my life. Favorite season?"

"Fall. I like all the colorful leaves. When's your birthday?"

"January 17th. When's yours?"

"March 15th. Weirdest thing you've done?"

"One time I wore a huge dildo in my jeans while playing a show. Favorite class in high school?"

"English. Best friend?"

"Geoff. Don't tell Otto. Just kidding, they're both my best friends. Why did you stop playing guitar?"

"Also none of your business. But I just didn't want to anymore. Ideal person?"

"Annoying, smart-ass, needy and she's sitting right in front of me. Dogs or cats?"

"Dogs. Favorite instrument?"

"Guitar. Special talent?"

"I can annoy people really easily. Worst thing about yourself?"

"I'm jealous easily. What color do you want your hair next?"

"Purple. Favorite song you've written?"

"Can't tell you that yet. It's a secret. On a scale of 1-10 how much do you hate Houston?"

"One million. Why can't I hear your favorite song you've written?"

"Because it's not ready to be heard. Have you ever written music before?"

"Yeah but it sucks. What are your parents like?"

"They're awesome, my mom is great. What about yours?"

"Don't know, I haven't seen then in a while. I only talk to my aunt. Favorite movie?"

"Can't choose one. Least favorite band?"

"Blood On the Dance Floor. They make me want to puke up a lung. What's one band you would love to tour with?"

"Sum 41. They're great. Or All Time Low. What's your favorite lyric?"

"'You took these starving limbs tried to see, tried to see what they could be. But I thought I'd be something, I thought you'd complete me. That you'd erase all the pain that I felt in my brain. If you filled my heart with love, then you'd fill my voids above. Now you see, that didn't change a thing.' Why don't you like books?"

"I just haven't really read anything worthwhile. Plus my time is just consumed with band stuff. Why is that your favorite lyric?"

"Because it's true. Will you ever dye your hair something other than blue?"

"Nope. How is it true?"

"Just is. What did you want to be growing up as a kid?"

"Probably something stupid like a lawyer or something. Why's it true though?"

"Nope, not answering. You'd already asked your 21 questions," she reminded me, giving me a look. I decided not to push my luck. I just sighed. "Well can I at least kiss you again?"

"Yes," she laughed, scooting over so that her arms were around my neck. She was still really really hot in that dress.

"CHARLOTTE! CAN YOU STOP FOOLING AROUND FOR A MINUTE AND HELP ME IN THE KITCHEN?!" Lucy shouted from the other end of the house. Guess it was time for me to go home.