T W E N T Y - F O U R

I could barely sleep at night, knowing that I was so close to seeing Awsten. I knew I had been an actual dick, but I couldn't help but hope he would forgive me. And I hadn't seen him since he broke his two toes whilst being crushed by my very heavy desk.

I had stayed in the bus while everyone went out the past couple nights to practice my songs. I had no idea what would happen when I performed, or what I was going to do. All that I knew was that I was absolutely terrified and my butt was asleep.

Our first show was in Portland, and we were about ten hours away from the city. We were currently parked in a rest stop so everyone could stretch and use the bathroom and buy snacks if they felt like it. I was in the convenience store, looking for tampons without cardboard applicators (because those hurt like a bitch) and a big bottle of painkillers. Gotta love periods, right?

I had a headache and I just wanted to take a nap, but I was too busy getting to know everyone and preparing for the first show. I had changed what I was planning to wear on stage at least eight times, and my bladder seemed to be full all the time because of my anxiety. It was like I was growing closer to my doom, either I was going to completely fail on stage, or Awsten was going to tell me he hated me and never speak to me again. Both things were driving me crazy, and all I could do was hope they didn't happen.

"Hey, Charlotte, there you are. We're gonna head out in five minutes, are you almost ready?" Brian asked me, the bells to the door jingling as he entered. I stood up straight from looking at tampons and nodded my head. "Almost. I'll be right out," I told him, smiling. "Okay, see you in a few," he replied, before turning around and leaving. I let out a big breath, still so nervous around them. I mean, why wouldn't I be? They were my favorite band and extremely talented people?? Like...how???

I couldn't find any of the right tampons, so I settled for the shitty cardboard applicator ones and a chocolate bar, biting the inside of my cheek as I waited to pay and get back to the van. It was nearing dusk, but I was more awake than ever. My heart skipped a beat as I opened the door to the tour bus, still not able to believe this was all real.

"Oh hey, there you are. We're gonna watch Poltergeist, one of Lyndsey's favorites. Wanna join?" Alex wondered, a pillow in his lap as he ate cereal straight out of the box. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Nice.

"Sure, but I get scared easily," I laughed, setting my stuff down in my bunk before returning to the main area with the TV and couches. "We'll protect you, don't worry!" Lynn giggled, patting my shoulder before sitting down, crossing her legs. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore sweatpants and a black hoodie, her face without makeup. But let's be honest, Lyndsey Gunnulfsen didn't even need it.

She patted the spot beside her, gesturing that she wanted me to sit beside her. I curled up in the corner of the couch, my back resting against the arm rest, my feet right by her side. The movie started and I tried to open my chocolate as quietly as possible, but even Alex's hand reaching into the plastic bag of cereal and crunching couldn't drown out the noises that my wrapper was making. Lynn looked over at me, confused, before looking down to see what I was doing. She laughed lightly. "You and your chocolate bar."

"Sorry. You want some?" I offered, breaking it in half. "No, it's cute. And yes, you're the best!" She grinned, taking it from me. I watched her for a moment, smiling to myself before turning my attention back to the movie.

All in all, I almost peed myself about three times and screamed at least twice. The whole band seemed to find it quite interesting. I tried to be quiet because Justin was talking to his girlfriend in his bunk and I didn't want to disturb him.

I soon felt my eyes grow heavy, and before I knew it, I was out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------