T W E N T Y - S I X

"So I know it's none of my business, but are you okay? That dinner last week seemed pretty heated," Lynn stated, rolling over on her stomach on her hotel bed, eating a bowl of yogurt slowly. I looked up at her from my book, my legs crossed as I closed it. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking," I smiled, sitting upright. 

"So you and Awsten are back together?" she pondered, walking across the room to throw her trash away. 

I nodded, offering a small smile. 

"That's cool," she mumbled, kneeling on the scratchy carpeted floor to dig out some of her clothes from her suitcase.

If I didn't know any better, I would say she almost seemed a bit....upset.

"Are you ready for the show tonight?" she wondered, her back still facing me. 

"Yeah, just have to get ready. Want to go out for coffee later?" I suggested, grabbing a towel so I could take a shower. 

"I thought you would be going out with Awsten," she stated, standing back up. 

"No, he's busy. Plus we haven't gotten to hang out all week," I reminded her, grabbing my makeup bag and brush as well.

She smiled weakly at me. "Sure. That sounds good."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we were all ready for the day, Lynn and I made our way to the lobby, making light conversation in the elevator. We were in California for the next three days, so Lynn and the rest of her band were soaking up the sun. Me, I was avoiding it at all costs. Not that it was nearly as bad as Houston, but I got enough sun in my life. Since Lyndsey was from Massachusetts, she enjoyed the weather on the west coast.

I glanced at her outfit - black shorts and thigh high socks, along with a dark button down with short sleeves and some sunglasses. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, nothing special. I was wearing a mustard yellow beanie to cover up my shaved head and I had barely bothered to put on mascara and do my eyebrows. Didn't want to scare the human race too much with my bare face.

Once we were seated down in a small little coffee shop in downtown L.A., we ordered our drinks and watched people walk by through the window that was adjacent to our table. "You guys are getting huge," I stated, taking off the lid of my latte to pour in a packet of sugar. (Coffee is really bitter ok)

"Hm? Oh, yeah. It's so weird to have people listening to our music and liking what we have to say. It all feels so surreal. But it's awesome," Lynn smiled, her brunette hair tucked over her right shoulder, the left side shaved.

"Yeah. Well I think it's really cool. You guys deserve all the attention," I smiled, taking a sip of my coffee and leaning back in my chair. The AC in the cafe was on blast and I was about to freeze my fucking ass off.

"What about you? How do you feel about playing shows and people hearing your music?" Lyndsey wondered, leaning forward eagerly as if she was nervous for my reply.

"It's...weird. But in a good way. I'm not used to all the attention and screaming and pictures and compliments but...it's nice. I feel good," I told her, giving my drink another light stir.

"Good. I'm glad."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was tiring and soon I was back at the hotel with Lynn, my feet dragging along the recently cleaned marble floor. "I've got to meet the boys in their room to work on some new songs but I'll see you later okay? We should all go out for dinner together, I'd love to get to know your boyfriend's band better," Lyndsey smiled, giving my arm a soft squeeze before jogging up the stairs (which I wasn't going to do I was going to drag myself in the elevator and pass the fuck out in my room).