T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Hello, just a little side note to let you guys know that this is no longer a collab with @Neverland_Princess7 and hasn't been since around chapter 20 or so. Just wanted to let y'all know

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awsten's P.O.V.

I was seriously so excited that Charlotte had pudding that I was almost forgetting how much she hurt my feelings.

Okay let me explain this to you guys: I adored her. ADORED. Her really pretty smile and her big eyes and the way she laughed at all my dumb dad jokes.

But she really kicked your boy in the balls and if I was being honest, I was still a little hurt by it. Definitely some long term damage there you know what I mean?

But when she said "I love you"....guys...GUYS.

I swear my heart flew out of my fucking chest and I choked on my spoon. SWEAR ON MY MOM'S LIFE.

One thing I couldn't understand was how sad she looked. She looked so unbelievably guilty and upset, like loving me was a bad thing and it was something I just couldn't comprehend. Did she mean it? Was she telling the truth? Why was I even doubting her?

"Charlotte..." I began, stumbling over the words I had been dying to say to her ever since we first kissed. I realized right in that moment that she took it as I was about to explain how I didn't feel the same when in fact I REALLY DID YOU GUYS LIKE YOU ALL FUCKING KNOW HOW MUCH I ADORED HER AND HER FACE LIKE FUCK.

I watched as her face dropped and I ran over to her, placing my hands on her small shoulders as she sat up. "No, no, Charlotte, wait. Don't leave. I love you too. So much. I was just like really shocked because I didn't think you liked me that much because I never stop making annoying ass dad jokes and I talk to you while I'm peeing and drink too much orange juice but I want you all to myself this time. Like I told you before. I'll always be around."

"Really?" she whispered, her somber expression transforming into a smile. My favorite smile in the whole fucking world.

"Yes, silly," I laughed, pressing a kiss to her forehead as she wrapped her arms around my neck tightly and pulled me onto her, tackling me on her hotel bed.

"Owie! That's my ear!" I shouted, whining as I pulled away from her grasp, rubbing the side of my head.

"Oh sorry!"

I rolled my eyes at her and lied down on my stomach beside her, opening up my Twitter app. I looked at all the memes people sent me and showed Charlotte a few occasionally. We were both way too easily amused and it was lowkey a serious problem I'm not even lying.

As I was in the midst of showing Charlotte a video of a seahorse giving birth (don't ask okay) my phone started ringing and I groaned, looking at the caller ID.

Incoming call from: Ciara (honestly i wasn't gonna put her in this bc i didnt wanna start drama but who tf cares about that trick ass bitch lmfao)

"Who's Ciara?" Charlotte asked me, a puzzled look on her perfect face.

"She's no one, just a friend," I told her, declining the call.

"Oh. Well if she's a friend she's not no one, Awsten, duh. When did you meet her?" she wondered. I couldn't tell if she was nervous about the mysterious girl calling me on the phone or if she was just genuinely curious. Nothing was going on folks, I was a good noodle and would never cheat, especially not on my baby Charlotte.

"A little after we got in our fight. You know she plays the yellow power ranger? It's sorta sick," I told her, nodding my head. She smiled at me and nodded back, glancing out the window.

"Awsten, would you, Geoff, and Otto want to come out with Lyndsey, me, and her band mates tonight for dinner? She said she wants to get to know you guys better," she proposed, shoving her hand up my sweater to touch my jaw (because why would you just reach for my face of course it's more practical to put your arm up my sweater first)

"You good there?" I asked her, giving her a look. "Mhm, don't mind me. My arm got cold. So is that a yes?" she asked again. I nodded my head and smiled at her, pulling her into me. I put down my phone for a while and forced her to cuddle with me for who knows how long because I missed her like shit and I just wanted to hold her because I felt like I would lose her again.

Fuck you, I can be emotional.

"How's Max?" I asked after a while. I thought about her dog a lot. I missed him. I think he was the true love of my life.

I could hear her giggle quietly beside me, putting a smile on my face. "It's so cute how much you love each other. And he's good. I miss him a lot. And Lucy. I'll have to look for a job when we get back," she sighed, burying her slim face deeper into the space between my shoulder and neck.

"What do you think you're going to do?" I wondered, beginning to softly run my fingers down her cold arm.

"I never finished college. I was trying to be a teacher," she scoffed, sitting upright suddenly.

I raised my eyebrows, shocked by her response. "A teacher? Really? Why didn't you finish?" I pondered, sitting up beside her, swinging my chicken legs so that they were hanging off the side of her bed.

"I couldn't afford it anymore. I mean, tuition costs a shit ton and I was working at Hot Topic. Not like I make a fortune with that. All the money I had saved in high school only covered up until the last semester. Sucked because I was so close," she mumbled, standing up and walking over to the bathroom. "I should take a shower before we all go out. Lynn will probably be back soon, I think she was working on some new songs with Brian and Alex. I'll text you when we're ready to go?" she suggested, opening the white door.

"Sounds good," I replied, nodding my head and grinning at her before she walked into the bathroom, the shower beginning to run.

I stood by the door for a couple of moments, trying to decide if I should go in there with her (not to do anything weird you guys just because I was worried she might be upset by me bringing that stuff up). I decided against it because I didn't want to make these worse and decided to just head back to the hotel room and take a shower too so that I didn't smell nasty.

And shit I totally forgot to ask if the dinner was casual. Oh well. Jeans are nice enough right? I hope they had orange juice there.

My phone rang and I picked it up to see who it was. Ciara.

I sighed before accepting the call.

"Hello?"

I feel like this story is turning to shit lmao. Are you guys still interested?