T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Awsten's P.O.V.

Tour started today. (Well actually in 3 days but the drive was long as fUCK)

Honestly I had been waiting forever for it to start and I drank a lot of orange juice since there would be no HEB stores when we were in other states which fucking sucked and I may have cried about it a couple times while Otto cuddled me.

It was way too early to exist (4am to be exact) aka the time of day that can kiss my ass. The guys and I were all lounging in our white tour van since we were too broke to afford to get an actual bus to travel in. Geoff was driving while I blasted My Chemical Romance because I mean...why not?

"So, how do you feel about your girlfriend coming on this tour?" Otto snickered from the front seat, glancing at me in the rear view mirror. I looked up from my phone (where I had been watching videos of cute puppies), confused. "She stormed out of my house and called me an asshole. Ring any bells?" I asked sarcastically, still upset by the situation. I mean, I obviously still considered her my girlfriend. This was just a fight right?

"Wait-you don't know? Charlotte is gonna be the opening act right before us. PVRIS was holding some contest," Geoff told me, looking over at Otto like he had just kicked a little kid. Big whoop.

"Uhhhh...shit?"

"Sorry, man. Thought you knew," Otto apologized, looking guilty. I sat up in my seat in the back, glancing out the window. Oh boy. This all could either end really well or really badly. But then again, I was happy that I was going to be able to see her because she was my baby Charlotte and I missed her way too much for it not to be embarrassing.

We were on our way to Oregon. Which was a fucking long ass drive and I was not about it. I kind of just wanted to be curled up in a hotel bed in a fancy ass robe while being pampered and drinking orange juice because alcohol is disgusting and just no.

But also holy shit, was I excited to see Charlotte singing. I mean, fuck she must look really good on stage performing her songs (I had never seen or heard her sing but I bet it was pretty great).

"Hey, Awsten, want to stop at Arby's?" Geoff asked me, knowing I hated that establishment more than anything else, except for Bing.

"Fuck off."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte's P.O.V.

"Okay, okay, hurry, they're here!" Lucy told me, helping me roll my luggage to the front of the house. There was a knock on the door and we both jumped, panicking. Max got up from the couch and started barking, running over to us.

It was a hectic and early morning, and it all felt so surreal. I mean, how was this my life?

"Max, shh!" I exclaimed, placing my hand on his back before unlocking the door, shooting Lucy a nervous glance. I couldn't believe I was about to meet my favorite band AND tour with them. Gosh. I mean, there were so many people out there that were more talented. Why me?

I pushed all those thoughts aside, opening the door. I was face to face with the one and only Lyndsey Gunnulfsen, who was wearing a black hoodie and athletic sweatpants, along with tennis shoes. I suddenly felt extremely overdressed with my black crop top and bomber jacket, with creepers and my favorite pair of black jeans. Not to mention I had on eyeliner that I had spent about an hour perfecting, along with my eyebrows and lipstick. I was kind of a perfectionist when it came to symmetry and even lines. You don't want to hear how many times I had to restart my makeup from scratch that morning.

"Hi Lynn," I chuckled nervously, holding Max back. He had a tendency to jump up on new people since he literally loved everyone. I bet if someone broke in, he would run up and start licking them. He kind of just assumed he would get treats from everyone.

"Hey there, Charlotte, it's nice to finally meet you," she smiled, reaching out her hand for me to shake. I took it in mine and hoped my hand wasn't too sweaty from all my anxious thoughts. "You're so much prettier in person!" I exclaimed, instantly regretting it. Wow. I couldn't believe I just said that. My cheeks began to heat up as I looked down at my shoes, biting the inside of my cheek. "Thank you, that's very nice of you to say," Lynn replied. "Is this your dog?" she pondered, bending down to greet him. "Yeah, that's Max, he loves everyone," I giggled, patting his back.

"And this is Lucy, my best friend," I told Lynn, pushing Lucy forward. "It's really nice to meet you. I can't even begin to say how much I love your music, you're extremely talented," Lucy told her, smiling. "Thank you, Lucy. I'm glad you like the music," Lynn said, laughing lightly. "Anyway, you two should get going, I don't want you guys to be late for the first show," Lucy claimed, pushing one of my suitcases toward me. "Yeah, I guess we should. I'm gonna miss you so much," I said, wrapping my arms around her to embrace her, holding onto her tightly. "Don't get so emotional on me, or I'll start to cry."

I just laughed at her statement, pulling away to bend down and hug Max, petting him a few times. "I love you, buddy. Don't miss me too much while I'm gone okay?" I told him, kissing his forehead before standing back up. I grabbed my two suitcases and backpack, turning back to look at the two things I would be missing while I was gone. "Here, let me help you with those," Lynn said, taking one of my suitcases. "You ready?" 

I nodded my head yes and waved goodbye to Lucy, giving her one more smile. "Bye guys," I grinned, shutting the door behind me. "I'm sorry you have to leave your friend and your dog," Lynn apologized, wheeling my suitcase alongside her. "Brian and Alex are half asleep in the van, but I'm sure they'll wake up more once they see you," she told me, opening up the door that was the entrance to the bus.

I was too excited to fall back asleep for the first part of the ride. All I could think about was how I was bunking with my favorite band, and that I was going to see Awsten Constantine Knight in three days.