T E N

"Have you started packing yet?" Lucy asked me during our lunch break, finishing her coffee that she had just gotten minutes before. Caffeine was essential these days.

"I've begun planning HOW to pack, if that counts. If I remember correctly, Hope has all the day today at work so I figured I would go there and pack and bring some stuff over so I don't have to see her," I replied, shrugging. Maybe it wasn't the healthiest way to handle the situation, but I really didn't want to see her.

"Okay. I'll come with if you want. What ever happened with that Awsten guy that fucked up all the pins?" She wondered, her long black hair cascading over her shoulders. "Well, you know the story. But he apologized and then kissed me. But we're not together. He took me on a sort of date and I've been trying to drop hints but he's oblivious," I muttered, leaning back in my chair. She snorted. "Sorry. I'm just trying to imagine you dropping hints."

I just rolled my eyes and set my keys on the table. "Is it okay if I meet you at the flat around 3? I'll leave a key under the mat for you."

She nodded and I smiled. "Thank you so much for this, it means a lot."

"Oh, stop that. You know I would do anything for you. You're my best friend."

---------------------------------

"Awsten--ow--wh--OW!" I yelled as the box full of books landed on my foot. "Shit! Are you okay?!" He exclaimed, rushing to my side. "Yeah, I'm good thanks," I replied, letting him help me up.

"Hey, I have arrived!" Lucy exclaimed as she unlocked the front door. I gave her a relieved look, glad that she was there to help reason with Awsten and why you can't move a billion times faster than a short girl who was out of shape and had bad coordination.

She was wearing an old tie dye t-shirt that we had made together, along with black shorts. Her hair was in a bun and despite her unusual outfit (she always dressed up and dressed perfectly) she had done her makeup flawlessly as usual.

I then looked down at my pink shorts and grey t-shirt with holes in it and shrugged. Best I could do on a Thursday when I was in a rush after work.

Awsten had offered to have some things loaded in his car since Lucy's wasn't big enough for everything and neither was mine. Plus I couldn't afford a moving van.

We took all five boxes filled with books down to Awsten's car, then headed into my room to sort through and pack clothes.

It all took a while because Awsten had proceeded to try on almost all of the clothing hung up in my closet, singing bad songs as he folded my shirts. I was surprised he hadn't managed to blow anything up yet. I was going through all of my dresses and skirts, trying to decide which ones I still wanted and which ones to donate.

"Hey, Charlotte, you play guitar?" Awsten asked, uncovering the acoustic instrument that was shoved to the back of my closet. "Used to."

"Why not anymore?" He pondered, picking it up and gazing at it. I just shrugged. "I just don't. Hey, Lucy, could you hand me that tape?" I wondered, reaching my arms out. She tossed the roll of packing tape at me and I caught it, sealing the box of clothing that I had finally finished with.

"How much more do we have left?" Lucy asked, wiping sweat from her brow. "Just the rest of my clothes and sheets and stuff in the bathroom," I told her. "Okay. I'll bring some more stuff to the car. Be right back," she stated, flashing me a look, her eyebrows raised. Once she was gone, I set up a new box and started piling in all the knick knacks that were displayed on my desk and windowsill.

"I forgot I even had most of this stuff," I said, inspecting my jewelry box that I barely ever opened anymore. There were chokers, necklaces, and strange earrings of all sorts. Half of the stuff I never even remembered buying. Awsten walked over to me and kneeled down, pulling a box over and putting a few things in it. "I'm glad you're getting out of here. Hope's a bitch," he giggled, laughing at his own "joke".

"Yep."

I stared at him for a while and he stared back. I just wished he would kiss me like before, and I thought he would. But he turned away and picked up an Alternative Press magazine from the floor. "You collect these?! I do too! I have a huge ass stack that Otto always ruins when we have band practice!" He exclaimed. Wow. He really was a child. I had a crush on a stupid blueberry.

There was another shuffle of feet and I looked behind me to see my dog Max, his lazy brown eyes wandering around the room. "Maxxy!" I exclaimed, causing his eyes to lighten up as he licked my face. "Oh my god I feel so blessed I finally get to meet him! Hey buddy!" Awsten exclaimed, scratching behind my dog's ears and rubbing his back. He lied down on the floor and rolled around, licking Awsten's arms. I just chuckled. "He likes you."

Awsten didn't say anything, just continued petting my dog and talking to him in a cute voice. "You're such a good dog!"

I let him play with Maxx for a while and started packing up all my toiletries, wrapping my makeup in bubble wrap so it didn't break, putting my toothpaste and toothbrush in a ziploc bag before moving the box to the front of the apartment. Almost everything was ready except for my bed which we would take over last.

I was just glad that Awsten was there for it all. Even if he didn't want me all to himself.