T H I R T Y

The day we got back, I slept 12 hours, in and out of sleep as I heard the door to the bedroom Lucy and I shared open multiple times, knowing it was probably her. 

Awsten was back at his house that he shared with Geoff and Otto, and I was back looking for a job and replying to messages from everyone who had started listening to my music because of the tour. It honestly really sucked saying goodbye to PVRIS after bonding with them a lot after being on the road, but at the same time I was so relieved to be back home.

It was November now, the leaves on the trees finally falling to the ground after turning orange and yellow during October. 

I was a bundle wrapped up in my comforter and sheets, my legs bent at unusual angles while I rested in my bed even after waking up. Tour had me exhausted and I don't think I had had an actual full night's sleep since before it started.

Someone entered the room and I felt my body being shoved slightly, and found it to be Awsten crawling into bed with me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Wake up, I want to go to HEB with you and get more orange juice, I've been deprived all these months," Awsten whispered, kissing the back of my head.

I just groaned slightly, squinting as I rolled over to face Awsten, wrapping my legs and arms around him like a koala because he was my baby and I loved him and I loved it when he slept next to me even though he stayed up way too late looking at memes and photos of his fan's dogs and woke me up constantly to show me all the pictures. But you know, I loved it.

"I just want to lay in bed all day, can we do that instead?" I mumbled, my face smooshed against his chest as I closed my eyes again, breathing evenly. I loved the way he smelled (I'm not weird don't judge me) and the way he held me. 

"Okay, why don't we do that after orange juice though? Come on, aren't you hungry? It's noon," he whispered, running a few fingers through my knotted hair. He stopped after a couple seconds of ripping out like half my hair (I'm kidding but that shit hurt I had serious bedhead). I lied there for a few moments, considering his offer.

I grumbled, stretching my legs before speaking. "Okay, fine but only because I love you."

"YAY, I LOVE YOU CHARLOTTE THANK YOU!" he yelled directly in my ear. I'm pretty sure I was now half deaf as he got out of my bed, leaving me more room. Max was annoyed by all the noise and grumbled before getting up and walking out of my room.

I tossed off my blankets, reaching out my arms for Awsten so he could help me up. I opened my clothing drawers and picked out some clothes to change into. Awsten glanced around my room, observing all the knick knacks and photos on my desk and dresser, the jewelry and drawings and scribbled notes and polaroids and keychains. 

While he was doing so, I began undressing before changing into a fresh and clean pair of black jeans. Awsten turned to me as I was buttoning my pants and I heard him take in a deep breath. I looked up at him and he seemed slightly worried, as if he wasn't sure what to say.

"You okay?" I wondered, grabbing his arm and pulling him closer to me. He looked down at me (because I was the size of a fucking child basically) and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I wanted to talk to you about something actually," he explained.

"What is it? I'm listening," I reassured him, taking off my shirt before putting on a knit sweater, tossing my pajamas into my laundry hamper.

"I was going to ask you to move in with me maybe? Then we could have sleepovers like every night and I could see Max whenever because he's my actual son and then we could build paper towel castles whenever we wanted to and make pillow forts and watch scary movies even though you get super salty about them and I don't know I just want to live with you and stuff don't look at me," he mumbled super fast, turning away from me as he blushed slightly.

I smiled widely, my heart swelling. "Awsten, come back here. I would love to move in with you. The only thing is I just moved in here a while ago and you live with Otto and Geoff so I don't think there would be enough space for Max and I. That's the only thing that's getting in the way for me," I responded, reaching for his hand.

"I meant like...us looking for our own apartment or house, you know? Like one where it's just us and Max and stuff," he specified, turning back around and looking at me.

Oh, DUH wow I was stupid.

"Then yes! I would like that very much," I laughed, standing up on my tippy toes to give him a big kiss, my hands cradling his cheeks. 

"I'm so glad you said yes cause I didn't know what to do if you didn't," he giggled, taking a step toward my door. But being Awsten, he tripped over a chair and landed on the floor, groaning loudly in frustration as he lied there, not bothering to get up. I burst into a fit of laughter, bending over to point at him as he rolled his eyes at me.

"First off, fuck you, second of all, stop making fun of my shitty vision I know I'm blind but at least I have goddamn glasses," he pouted, picking himself up before calling out to Max, wandering down the hallway. 

I followed after him slowly, unable to help myself from smiling. What a nerd.