T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Back to Charlotte's P.O.V.

I really missed home and all I wanted to do was curl up on my couch with Max and Awsten and watch dumb movies while he explained the nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables.

We were only halfway through the tour and I didn't think music was what I was supposed to be doing. Waterparks was getting even bigger and they were even working on a full length album that was going to be released in just a couple weeks. Unfortunately, Awsten hadn't let me hear anything off the new record, and even though I was impatient, I knew it would be worth it.

I had just finished my set for the evening in Utah and I was watching Waterparks from the side of the stage, smiling at my happy boyfriend who was bouncing and dancing around the stage they had worked so hard to be on. He was too cute and I hoped the signing would go by fast so that we could get chicken nuggets after the show because that's all I had been thinking about for the past couple days.

Anyway, Lynn was standing beside me and drinking a bottle of water since her throat had been hurting the past couple days. Probably from all those crazy ass notes she always hit on stage and I always wished I could sing like her. I kinda zoned out thinking about chicken nuggets and came back to reality when Lyndsey nudged my shoulder and pointed to my favorite blue haired boy on the stage in front of us, who was turned around to gaze at me for a moment.

"This next song is for my girlfriend Charlotte. Uh. I haven't really let her hear this yet or really any of you. Cause it's off the new album. But I started writing it for her the moment after I met her, so here goes," he announced, turning around to grin at me and wave before turning back to the crowd that was screaming insanely.

I blushed an embarrassing amount and Lynn smiled at me, pushing me forward as if to tease me.

"This song's called Stupid For You."

As the first lines of the song started, I tried my best to hold back tears and couldn't stop smiling as the chorus began. He was such a nerd but I loved him so damn much and couldn't believe he was mine and put up with me.

"This is so cute," Lynn giggled, wrapping her arms around me. "He's so good to you!"

When the song ended, Lyndsey pushed me onto the stage and my eyes went wide as I realized there were thousands of eyes on me. For some reason it was way different than when I was on stage for my set. I ran up behind Awsten and tackled him in a tight hug. I heard his giggle echo in the mic as the crowd roared and he turned around to hug me back before kissing me.

"I love you, nugget!" I chuckled, kissing his cheek again.

"I can't believe you want nuggets so bad. And I love you too," he smiled, poking me in the side. I laughed and walked off the stage back to Lynn, who was clapping and smiling in approval.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and Lynn and I walked back to the dressing room that belonged to her band. I waved to Justin who was warming up with his drum pads and Lyndsey tossed a pack of fruit snacks at me (WINK WONK).

My stomach was growling and I was excited and also nervous to see Awsten after he played me that song. Man, he really wasn't lying when he said he would write something about me, huh?

"Hey Charlotte, you wanna sing a song on stage with me tonight?" Lyndsey wondered while stepping over Alex's long legs to reach her ear piece that was on the table in front of us. My eyes widened in shock. 

"Me?"

She giggled. "Yeah, course. You up for it?"

I grinned at her. "Of course I am. Which song?

"I'm thinking My House. You know the words?" she wondered, rolling up the legs of her jeans that were too long for her. "Of course," I laughed, rolling my eyes at her ridiculous question. Who didn't know the words?

This chapter is fucking terrible cause i have no ideas but i'm sorry it took forever :( hopefully i'll have some ideas for the next chapter soon