2 - Lost

After I enter the house, I go straight to the couch. I let myself fall down, because I know that there is a soft couch to catch me. My face slumps flat, "I'm tired," and mutter, prolonging the 'i' sound. "Really, really tired."

Then, I shift my body to a position where I can be comfortable. As I find my cushy set-up, I can feel that I'm falling to sleep. I want a long and peaceful sleep.

Minutes after when I drifted to sweet dreams.

🌙🌙🌙

I groan when I hear the doorbell rings.

Ah, a visitor . . .

But I'm still sleeping. I don't want to get up from my sleep.

So then I ignore it.

But it continues buzzing and ringing.

Ugh. That's annoying.

Even it's hard for me to stand up, I force myself to do it. I end up sitting on the couch, though my head hurts and eyes are still half-open. I repose my hand to the arm of the couch and concentrate my strength, then I propel myself to rise up.

"Please wait a minute!" I say aloud to the visitor.

I sigh. Who would visit at this hour? And I'm just new here and there's no way I immediately have acquaintances. If ever this visitor is a thief, then that person wouldn't persistently ring the doorbell.

I do some quick stretching before I start walking. Noticing the surroundings, it's already night. I turn the lights on, and then make my way to main door.

Immediately, but carefully, I open the door. I peer outside and sight a woman who's friendly smiling at me.

"Hi." I smile back to her.

"Oh, hello, dear." she greets, "Did I bother you or something?"

"Uhm, no. Not really, ma'am." I say with a slight shrug. "Do you need something? Please do come inside."

"No need, no need." and she chuckles while shaking her head. "By the way, I live next door."

On a fast cue, I gaze at the house next to ours. So that's her home?

"Really?" I say in surprise, keeping my smile. "It's so nice to meet you. We're actually new here."

"Yes, I have heard, dear." she answers back with her gentle tone. "So, here's a little present." Then, she lifts a small paper bag, extending it to me.

I gladly take the present. With my curiosity, I take a look inside. It's a container, and I'm sure there's food inside.

"It's just meal for dinner." She says, "I thought of sharing it you, our new neighbor."

I smile gratefully. "This is more than enough, ma'am. I am overwhelmed. Many thanks for this." I know it's so simple, but it touches me.

"I'm happy that you like it." Again, she gives her best motherly smile. "So then, I'll be going. If you need something, you are welcome to our place."

"I'll keep that in my mind, Mrs . . ."

"Mrs. Tsukishima." She replies.

"Mrs. Tsukishima." I repeat with a nod. "I'm pleased with your hospitality."

She laughs softly, "I'm delighted to hear that. I'll go first."

"Sure. Thank you again." I remind her as she starts leaving. I watch her leaves first before I enter inside again.

I head to the dining area and place the food on the table. Sitting on the chair, I remove the lid of the food container. It leaves me in awe when there is pork fillet sauced with oyster sauce; rice topped with black sesame seeds; and sauteèd veggies for the side dish.