3 - The Unforeseen

"Wah! The guy from yesterday!"

Unsubconsciously, I jerk up from my seat, and pointed the tall guy that I saw yesterday.

The two men gaze at me with confused faces. Suddenly, I sense myself being coated by shame. I shut myself up and lowers my head.

"S-Sorry . . ." I mutter, enough for them to hear me.

Ahh! It's really embarrassing! Stupid! Stupid, me!

"What do you mean, lass?" I hear the owner of this shop asks me. "Do you know him?"

I look at him with a flustered expression. I nod my head once, returning my look to the blonde guy. His confusion grows bigger as his thin eyebrows are knitted closely.

"Really, huh?" The man named Shimada-san says. "How?"

"Yesterday." I say sheepishly, keeping my gaze to him. Though not looking at him from eye-to-eye. "I saw him yesterday. R-Remember?"

I sense his confusion more, as his one eyebrow lifted up. "Sorry. I don't remember anything."

Immediately, my lips curve in surprised reaction as though my cheeks blushed. "But . . . I'm certain that you saw me yesterday!" I complain almost shouting.

"I don't know." The four-eyed guy snaps uninterestedly. "Maybe because I don't remember those people whom I do not care about."

Burn.

Of course, he shuts me down. And of course, I don't know what to react.

I sigh with a facepalm. It's pointless to talk to him. I admit, I had the slightest hope to find my way back to the house without bothering anyone, at the moment that he came here. And then again, my poor little hope is now crushed just because of his sick attitude.

"Now, now, Tsukki, don't be rude on her." The guy that have an atenna on the head scolded the snappy guy.

"Wait, was that rude?"

He's asking that?!

"Ah-ha-ha . . ." The antenna guy only chuckles wearily. "Yeah. That's not the way to talk to a lady."

Inside of my head, my inner subconsious melts and my eyes twinkled like stars. Wah~ This guy is a gentleman! Opposite to him.

"Whatever."

I hate him already.

"What now, lass?" Shimada-san inquires me. "You're saying that you saw this guy near your house?"

"Yeah."

"Great timing, boys." Shimada-san declares with a wide smile, putting his hand on his hips as a sign of 'I'm saved'.

Like what I thought. I'm a great bother. Blame my stupidity.

"By the way," says Shimada-san again, "you guys are earlier than usual. No practice?"

"Yes, Shimada-san." As I can recall, this guy is Tadashi. "Midterms are near, and the school is prioritizing our studies. That's why no club for a week."

"I see, I see. So, can you walk her to back to her house?"

"I'm sorry, Tsukki." Tadashi states first with an apologetic look, "I have practice with Shimada-san, so . . ."

"Today?" the eyeglasses guy asks, "You said it yourself that exams are near."

"Yup!" he replies shyly while scratching the back of his head, "I have decided to give my best for the team, that's why I'm putting extra effort for it. I'll catch up with our lessons later."