22 - Rage Of The Rain

I'm still breathing. But this doesn't indicate that I'm alive. There are times that I break myself apart in a thousand pieces, yet it is still my duty to stay strong. It is still my job to stay alive.

And coming to school is one of my tasks to do. But I don't attend classes—still useless in the end.

I always kill my time at the rooftop. Doing nothing, really, but to watch how the sky performs its majestic art every day. The sky never fails to captivate me. Every single day has a new art—a new masterpiece to watch.

I'm seated on the cemented floor, no sign of sunlight today. The sky is sort of different. The atmosphere was somber, stoic gray clouds have inflated the heavens.

The wind comes and it boldly touches my skin. The soft breeze is finer than bird's feather, smoother than cotton. I can hear the wind as if it is singing through my ears. The trees dances, shedding leaves and let it sways in the air before they reach the ground. It is very hypnotic . . . very beautiful.

The smell is like the wind picks up the cloud and delivers the sweet smell and pungent zest to my nostrils.

"This smell is like the . . ." I mutter while gazing intently to the sky.

" . . . autumn rain wind." I startle when someone speaks beside me. "Isn't it?"

I shift my head sideways and it leaves me awestruck, seeing Kei in flesh.

"Geh," I make face, "Why are you here?" and ask him raspingly.

"Why? Am I not allowed to go here?"

I pout my lips and droop myself. "You are allowed, but I don't want you here."

He lets out a heavy sigh, "I don't get you, loser." and starts sitting beside me.

I only watch him, he is wearing a plain white shirt, his volleyball jersey shorts, a varsity jacket, and a pair of sneakers. He's from his practice. And it is a lunch break, he must know that I spend most of my time here.

Kei is also aware of my current situation; and recently, I'm making the distance to him. Well, not only him, but as well as from anyone-from anyone whom I interact.

"You should attend class," Kei states.

"No, yada, yada, yada." I complain, making face, and curl my legs up while slumping my face on my knees.

"Stop being a brat, stupid." I sense Kei slightly knocking my head with his knuckles.

I only make low whiny sounds, not minding to answer him.

"Is it because of me?"

"Because of you, what?" I muffle.

"Why you always in trouble, because of that school director's daughter."

As if on cue, his question surprises me, so I whip my head to where is he with my lips stuttered with surprise. I never know that Kei is kinda shouldering that issue.

I heave a soft sigh, then put my chin back to my knees. "You don't need to mind that, Kei," I tell him. "Anything that could have gone wrong, has gone wrong."

Kei scoffs, almost giving off silent chuckles.

"It seems like . . . Sorry," he says, putting the atmosphere in an awkward situation.

I laugh quietly, "You're apologizing now. Not so you, Kei."

"Whatever," he snaps, "Lunch break is almost over, have you eaten now?"

"Of course~" I answer, still chuckling. "Look at my bag." then I zip my bag open and show it to him.

Kei peers inside and his bored looks become more serious. "Oh, interesting, Your Highness. You brought nothing but snacks and a lunch box. Very encouraging."