17 - Dear Morning Star

He didn't expect any of it. All he knew that the seniors were asking every members of the volleyball team to support the women's volleyball team in the relay.

He saw her, lining one of runners. Looking at her, there were some uncertainties formed in her expressions. He had always thought her as a fragile and annoying lady. And there she was, preparing herself for a run.

The idiot's gonna run?

The question bubbled inside his head was answered when he saw her sprinting.

Thus she ran, as if the wind was with her. Her long and brown hair was swaying left and right ways.

She didn't care about the surroundings. She had no idea how fast she was running, nor how the time was slowing on her pace. All she had to do was run and keep running forward, until she finished her task.

She returned where the team was, having a thick grief of pain in her breathings. Huffing loudly, as if he felt the burning of her lungs in him. Legs were looking numb and unsteady. Sweats were all over her body, picturing a really exhausted Lorraine Yukizome.

What an idiot.

"Y-Yukizome-san! A-Are you okay?" it was Yamaguchi's troubled and worried tone.

"Raine-chan!! Don't die!" And it was the annoying Hinata.

"Oi, stupid!" it was Kei Tsukishima. In his voice, there was a hidden, but deep concern. "Why did you run?"

She explained that it was only dyspnea, nothing fatal.

Then Tobio Kageyama offered a drink and she gladly accepted it.

After drinking, she looked at everyone and apologised for making them worry.

"So, if you need something to me," she continued with a weak smile, "I'll be in the infirmary, uhm . . . with a massive headache." Kei saw how it was hard for her to speak. "And probably, I'm going to sleep. Then, goodbye."

She walked away, leaving everyone appalled. She didn't convince him at all, considering what happened last time.

"Tch. Stupid." The blonde muttered to himself and walked on his own way.

"Ah, Tsukki, where are you going?" It was Tadashi Yamaguchi.

Kei Tsukishima paid him a glance before answering him. "To see if that idiot is still not sleeping somewhere."

Quickly, Yamaguchi understood what he meant. "All right, off you go."

Kei left, taking the direction where the infirmary was. It was the place where she was going, then he must follow.

The whole members of the volleyball club watched how Kei Tsukishima went away. They could help but to ask Yamaguchi some intriguing questions.

"Those two are getting well to each other, huh?" Daichi Sawamura spoke, asking Yamaguchi a confirmation.

"Haha, well, yes." The freckled boy answered. "Aside from being classmates and arguing a lot; yes, they're getting well to each other."

"I wonder how." Koushi Sugawara commented. "It doesn't seem like Tsukishima would pay a concern to someone."

"Right," Azumane Asahi joined in. "Tsukishima was more if-that-is-what-like-then-have-your-way type of guy."

Yamaguchi chuckled with a shy tone. "Maybe because, there's something with Yukizome-san and she can attract everyone close to her."

"Oh, I see, I see." The third year fellows replied while nodding their heads.

On the other hand, Kei was making his to the infirmary. But before he could reach it, the thought of Yukizome sweaty, wondering if she had spare shirt.