28 - Autumn Nostalgia

Days become normal for me. Mom was discharged from the hospital the next day and she requested a two-week leave from her work. Then Shea, as per our agreement regarding the settlement offer, she did a public apology to me the following week—Monday (again)—in front of the students of Karasuno, happened in the assembly hall.

I somehow have gotten right back on track. I'm still allowed to attend Karasuno, and for some reason, this is my last chance not to be expelled. I seriously don't want to mess this up again. I'm given lots of homework and projects in order to make up for the consequences, and I grumble every time I see the workloads that need to be submitted next week.

I attend the class, and once dismissal time, I head straight to the library—just doing what a good student should do. Akizuki-senpai has left a while ago, so I'm alone right now while scribbling scientific formulas and symbols.

And it happens that my attention is too focused on doing my Chemistry works, and I never notice that it's already night. I look at my wristwatch, it says 6:30 PM. I sigh. Nights are usually longer once the autumn equinox happened, that's why even if it's still quite early, it's already that dark outside.

I fix my things and quickly head out of the library. While walking, my stomach sends signals to my brain that I need food. Ugh. And come to think of it, I'm burnt and I can feel my brain being roasted. I want my brain cells back. But I'm glad that I can still walk properly, doe.

Well, I might as well get some drinks before going home. I make a way where a vending machine is placed—the connecting corridor of the main building and volleyball gym. The lights in the gym are still on and I can hear those volleyball dorks doing their dorky thing.

Then I slip coins to the slot . . . And I don't know what to get, having a hard time what to choose. Dayum. This is complicated than taking an exam.

Due to burning time to decide, being too zoned out, a hand appeared from behind. It's a hand that I recognize. Pressing the button to drop a strawberry yogurt milk drink.

"They say that things won't fall without a push."

"Pft." I don't know if I'd be glad that he's here or I'd laugh because of his stupid joke. "Oh, please, we all know that things fall because of the gravity—" I paused, bending my head 35° backward. "—Tsukki."

Kei's head is tilted down, since he's taller than I am. "I meant it figuratively, genius." He looks irritated to me, and without words . . . he chops my throat using the side of his palm!

Butthole!

And I couldn't even stand imagining myself choking with such ugly sounds!

"B-Bastard!" I squealed hoarsely, grunting. As I turn around, I make a clumsy punching stance to give him a straight blow to his solar plexus!

Of course, he writhes in pain, cradling his stomach secretly as he groans silently.

"Take that," I hiss, still feeling the pain in my throat. That's quite painful. And oh, my gosh. I did more painful to Shea. Now I feel sorry. Not. Really.

I get the drink from the machine and face forward with a huff. Then I see Yuu Nishinoya and Ryuunosuke Tanaka giddily rushing towards us.

"Achizu!" Ryuu-senpai casually greets me with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Yukizome-saAaaAAannn!" All of us know that Yuu-senpai is the lively one here. "Still as savage as ever, huh?"

Kei, who happens to stand properly on his own, shows a very sign of annoyance. "She, landing a punch on someone, doesn't make her a savage."