27 - The Pathfinder

Kick their asses?

I hope I'm not getting deaf.

"Wha—?!" She looks dumbfounded that she has to pick her jaw up. Shea still can't speak, after what I did to her. "A lawyer? Then I demand to call my lawyer as well!"

Mom gestures her hands saying no. "You don't need to. Your lawyer can't stand against me, anyway." She shrugs, tilting a shoulder.

"Don't be so opinionated! I'm calling my lawyer!"

"Save your breaths," my mother states. "My purpose why I set this meeting to press charges against you and the regulations of this school." Then she's taken out folders from her briefcase and tosses them to her one by one.

"Unjust vexation." drops folder.

"Libel." drops folder.

"Slander." drops folder.

"Slander by deed." drops folder.

"Psychological and physical abuse against the minors." drops folder.

"And the violation against the Anti-Bullying Act." drops folder.

"Whatever the hell it is, I'm not going to accept these!" The Hiou woman casts the folders on the floor.

"Okay, then." Mom must have predicted that will happen, thus she picks another copy of the folders with the same content. This time, she gives it to the other audience of this pretrial—the term for this meeting. "Would you review my complaints, Sir Hiou?"

Mr. Hiou courteously gets hold of the folders. Mom has an ice-like persona, but what I'm seeing right now is far different from it. There's a glint in her eyes showing that she enjoys playing this game.

Then Mom faces the ladies from the opposite seats. "And if ever, you fail to respond, you will leave me no choice but to proceed to a hearing. And this case will be favorable to my side and it cost you a great fortune, even the reputation of this school will be compromised."

He sighs, eyes brimming with disappointment. "Is there a way that this matter won't reach the hearing?"

"Yes," replies by my mother. "Be sure to abide by my settlement offer and this case will go through without a hearing." Another folder is drawn out of her briefcase and gives it to the man.

But Mrs. Hiou is frantic enough that she snatches the folder and read it to herself. Once reading it, her eyes bawl out, almost wanting to faint due to the stress. "What's the meaning of this? Make my daughter to do a public apology to your child?! How presumptuous of you! Shea was harmed also because of her!"

"Cut the crap, Mrs. Hiou," my Mom boringly says. "Our Miss Shea here was the one who struck first, thus in my client's case, it was just self-defense."

"And how about these two freaking million yen?!"

Mom only shows her smug smile. "For you to know, my client was sent to the hospital twice because of the constant oppression of the young lady Shea and the other students. She had a CHD before, and chronic stress is not good for her, because she's diagnosed with NEAD. And there's a possibility that Lorraine may develop a post-traumatic stress disorder, that's why I'll advise her to visit a psychologist. You know how much a single medical session cost."

"Isn't this too much?" asks by Mr. Hiou.

"To be honest? No, it's not enough," answers Mom, acting savagely. "But I'm gracious enough to lower the compensation fee."

"Enough of this!" Mrs. Hiou screeches out. "Aren't you the one who's oppressing us?"

The Atty. Ashford purses her lips. "After all the troubles you've caused to my daughter, do you think I'd let that pass? No. Oppressing you? No. I'm confronting you legally—under the righteous eyes of the Law. The Law is harsher than your whimsical thinking, Mrs. Hiou."