8 - Her First Wound

Yesterday

"Tsukki!" Tadashi greeted as soon as he saw Kei.

Kei only eyed Tadashi and returned his look to his mother. He was ready to go and already outside, but his mom reminded him something.

"Kei, you should give it to her." His mom ordered him sternly.

"Okay," Kei replied boringly as he turned around, facing Tadashi where he was waiting.

Once they exited the fence wall, Tadashi questioned Kei, "What was your mother talking about?"

"Ah, about that . . ." Kei sighed, "She wanted me to give Yukizome a lunch box."

"Lunch box? To Yukizome-san?"

"Yeah,"

"Why, though?"

"Yesterday evening," Kei answered, hiding his hands inside of his pockets, "She saw Yukizome bought a processed food at the convenience store. Then she asked me if what is she eating during lunch breaks. I said, she is always buying breads because . . ." he paused for a moment, thinking. "Because I don't know."

"I see, I see." muttered Tadashi while nodding. "So you are going to invite her this noon?" and he inquired with a meaningful tone.

"I don't know." Kei said rasply while scratching the back of his hair irritatedly.

Tadashi chuckled to himself. "Why not, Tsukki? You and Yukizome-san are in good terms, aren't you two?"

"Tch. We're not." Kei stated bluntly. "And yeah, why don't you give this lunch box to her instead of me?"

"Huh? What, me?" He asked surprisingly.

"Yeah. You're closer to her. And she's talking nicely to you than to me."

"Pfft." Tadashi closed his mouth as he laughed secretly. "Tsukki, aren't you the one who's talking rude to her? And she's just talking back to you."

"Tch." Kei just hissed and closed the chat.

Meanwhile, Tadashi started to rummage his bag, checking if his stuff were complete. He just had the feeling that he was forgetting something, so he decided to look for it. And his instincts were right, he was forgetting something.

"Snap!" Tadashi blurted out.

Kei eyed him sideways, still with a bored expression, but he was asking 'what'.

"Ugh... I forgot my English notebook." he sighed, sinking his shoulders down with an irritated face. Then he sighed, "I have to go back, Tsukki."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, my home is not that far from here." Tadashi replied, slightly grinning. "You can go ahead, Tsukki."

"Just don't be late." The tall guy just said, faced the front, and continued walking.

"Yeah." On the other hand, Tadashi smiled a bit and walked on the opposite direction.

After a while, Kei reached the school silently with his headphones on. As he stayed silent, waiting for the homeroom time to come, in his peripheral view, he saw Yamaguchi with Yukizome, walking straight inside the room.

Lorraine immediately sighted Kei as she dashed towards with a full smile. "Yo, Kei! My megane buddy! How are yah?"

And that is the start of their quarrel.

As soon as the class started, they went to their seats and focused on their lesson. It was seemed the class was bit boring for Kei, especially in the Modern Japanese time, but he was trying hard not fall asleep, unlike the lady in front of him who was about to bang her head down.