21 - Thank You; Your Name

Light.

A light appeared at the crack of the dawn. The sun is slowly rising up, like a flower blooming its petals on the horizon.

Another night has gone, as though a new page has flipped for all.

It's sweet morning light—peaceful and harmonious. The song of the birds chorused with the gentle hums of the wind.

I smile to myself. It's a beautiful morning . . . Maybe I'll be thankful that I'm alive. And maybe . . . I can able to love this infernal life.

Today's morning is different from yesterday's, then I should at least try to live this day.

I stand up and do my morning routines. There's a class today, but I won't attend any of it.

After working for hours, I am done with everything. Also, I'm advised to live a healthy lifestyle, thus I'm doing some exercises to improve my well-being.

Now . . . It's noon already. Kei's mother will just invite me to dine with her during lunch. Then I'll lodge to her house for an hour or two and return to my place. When night times come, they will call me again for dinner. I basically have my second house.

Well, I also help Mrs. Tsukishima to cook for dinner. Kei and Akiteru-kun will come home at seven in the evening from extra volleyball practice. It is surprising for me to know that Kei becomes dedicated to volleyball. Hmm . . . I guess, that certain moment really came to him.

It's always like that for a week. I will spend my afternoons on the patio of this house and slouching on a reclining chaise while I read lots of literary works. Mostly Japanese literature. As for now, I'm reading the Light, Wind, and Dreams of Atsushi Nakajima. It's a very inspiring book; it can speak to one's mind and will help to open up new perspectives.

Autumn season is coming as the temperature is gradually decreasing. The southern winds blow as the leaves are starting to fall. The colors of the bright summer are fading, changing into beautiful hues of orange and yellow.

The date today is the 26th of September. Tomorrow will be Kei's birthday. I wonder what shall I give him . . . I sigh.

I pause on reading and just put the book on my face, covering all my sights.

I'm not sure of what I'm going to give him, so I just doze off.

🌙🌙🌙

I'm just sleeping when I sense a hand softly taping my cheek.

Who's trying to wake me up?

I stir, softly groaning unintentionally. With my eyes partly closed, I try to recognise the person. Once my visions becomes vivid, Kei's face appears.

"Ah . . ." sleepily, I say, "It's only Kei," then I close my eyes again to go back to sleep.

"Oi," he complaints, "Don't just 'it's-only-Kei' me! Mom is calling you over to dinner."

I make a low rumbling sounds, "No . . . I don't like, I'm sleepy."

"Idiot, come on now." Kei, as calm as he can, he grabs my wrist and pull me with slight force.

I give up. And he successfully makes me sit from the reclining chair.

Then, wordlessly, he starts dragging me. Although I still feel groggy, I let myself be dragged.

I yawn and look above.

Black sky, twinkling stars, and the full moon . . .

"EH?!?!" I shriek out!