4 - A Bother

I sigh. A very long sigh.

What's with this sighing, and I now ended looking outside.

It's my second day here in this class—Class 1-4. They said that it is a college preparatory class. Really, eh? This is the reason why every subjects are bothersome. It is just my second day, but I feel so fried already.

Well, anyway, I got to live with this.

I sigh again.

The explanation for my sighing, is because Ittetsu Takeda-sensei, our Modern Japanese Literature teacher, left us a seat work that could make my brain cells go insane.

Okay . . . Another sigh.

I slump my face to my desk. And then I grumble silently. This is so troublesome. A bother—a real one.

I lift my head and look to my classmates. Some are chatting while answering; some forms a group then brainstorm together; and the rest are seriously answering their papers alone.

Wow . . . Expect this to a college preparatory class. Everyone is sure dedicated. How envious. And I'm quite ashamed of myself, because I'm the only one who's slacking around.

Good grief. Maybe it's time to be serious.

But . . . How can I be serious with this subject?!

Nah. I guess I need to ask someone.

"Kei." the first someone who crossed on my mind.

I hear no response coming to him, so I turn my head 180 degrees to the right. Kei is just gazing silently at me, waiting for my next words.

"Can I bother you for a minute?" and I say.

He shrugs his shoulders, "Okay. Just a minute."

"Then, can you teach me the meaning of this?" I ask innocently while holding the test paper, showing the paragraphs that I can't understand.

"You don't mean, you're not really fluent in Japanese?"

"No. Not really." I answer dully.

"What a drag . . ." he murmurs, looking flatly at me.

"So, can you help me?"

"Absolute no." Kei states firmly. "Tutoring is a pain in the neck."

"I'm not asking to tutor me." I retort, " And, you're speaking as if you've tutored someone."

"Ah, right. In the most unfortunate moment of my life, I agreed to those two freaks to tutor them. That's why don't sum up to my annoyance."

"Wow." I scoff, "I'm just asking what's the meaning of this vocabulary word. Don't lump the tutoring thingy here."

"Tch. Just answer them by yourself, instead of bothering me."

That hits me. My chest rises up with slight anger. "Seriously! How rude of you, Kei. I won't ask for help if I knew how to answer all of this!"

"That's your loss." he sighs and continues answering his paper. "You know, for being stupid."

I sense my blood boiling inside of me. I'm about to rebut when someone speaks beside.

"Will you keep your voice down?" says the someone. I peer to the person. She's the person next to me. "You're bothering the whole class." Her voice is cold and sharp. It's spine-chilling.

My shoulder sinks down. Now I'm scolded. I let out an another sigh. "Forget it. I'm sorry for bothering." Then I return my look in front. I put the piece of sheet on my desk as I catch my chin with my palm rested on the table.