Chapter Nine: To Formally Apologize We're Going on a Date

Cyra's POV

I woke up to the steady beat of a heart and the slow rise and fall of a chest. I smiled to myself and snuggled closer to Esai. All of a sudden Bridger and Holden burst into the bedroom. “What the fuck?!” Bridger yelled storming out of the room waking Esai up. He looked adorable when he just woke up. “Did you two make up?” Holden asked completely confused.

“I guess.” Esai said closing his eyes again. Apparently he wasn't a morning person.

Holden looked at me with a questioning look and I shrugged. He motioned his head towards the door and I tried to get up to leave, but Esai's arms tightened around my waist. I sighed and laid my head on his chest again which made him smirk. Holden laughed and I smiled sheepishly as he gave me a toothy grin.

After about an hour, Esai finally decided to get his lazy ass out of bed. He was still reluctant to wake up, but I kept complaining which got on his nerves. “Finally!” I yelled stretching my stiff joints.

“Haha, very funny.” he said with a small smile. I grinned back and grabbed his hand leading him to the kitchen.

Holden and Bridger were both sitting at the table when we walked out. Bridger looked utterly pissed and Holden kept smiling like a dork. I grabbed a package of Pop-Tarts and sat next to Holden. “So, what happened?” he asked me.

“Oh you know...stuff.” I said looking away.

“Just so you know it's not what you think.” Esai told Holden as he walked past us to get to the refrigerator.

“Aw.” Holden said looking like a lost puppy.

I grabbed him into a hug and he laughed hugging me back. Esai just stared at us as he sat on the counter drinking orange juice. Bridger just continued to glare at the table so I narrowed my eyes at him. “What's got your panties in a twist?” I asked Bridger.

“Nothing.” he grumbled.

“You don't just glare at a table for no reason.” I said.

He slammed his hands on the table and stormed out of the cabin slamming the door for emphasis. Okay, I thought as I watched him leave. I started munching on my Pop-Tarts savoring each bite because I never got to eat them at home. I sighed as I thought about my life. “Why are you suddenly sighing...don't tell me that you have a crush on Bridger!” Holden yelled.

“Okay ewwwwww! He's like twenty-five, and I'm sighing because I'm thinking about my life.” I said biting off a huge chunk of my Pop-Tart.

“He's actually twenty-two.”

“Eh, close enough.” I replied.

“So, what were you thinking about?” Esai asked me looking away.

“Nothing important.” I replied with a shrug.

He sighed and hopped off the counter. He walked over to Bridger's empty set and sat down. Then he made complete eye contact with me, so I threw the last of my Pop-Tart at his face and went to take a shower.

~~~~

Esai's POV

“So, what happened between you two?” Holden asked me.

“Well, she caught me cutting and then we fell asleep.” I said with a sigh.

“Wait, what? How bad was it?” he asked worriedly.

“Calm down, I'm fine. I do however have a favor I want to ask you.”

“What do you need?”