Chapter Thirteen: Knives Are Flying towrds My Face and Why Are There Teams?!

Chapter Thirteen: Knives Are Flying towards My Face and Why Are There Teams?!

Esai's POV

“I won the bet Bridger now give me my three hundred bucks!” Holden yelled at Bridger.

“Hang on! Esai, are you two a couple yet?” Bridger asked me with a serious expression.

“Uh...Cyra!” I yelled from the kitchen.

“Yeah?” she asked as she popped her head in through the door.

“Are we a couple?” I asked looking away.

“Um...maybe?” she questioned.

“Well, there's your answer.” I replied sitting down.

Cyra came over and sat on my lap watching the argument between Holden and Bridger. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her waist. She snuggled into me and continued watching Holden and Bridger. “Wait, what were you guys even betting on?” I asked.

“Who would get Cyra!” Holden yelled.

“What?” she asked.

“Well, Bridger was all team Cyger while I was all Esra.” he replied with a smile.

“Wait, since when have there been teams and why do we already have a ship name?!” Cyra exclaimed.

Holden and Bridger shrugged and went back to yelling. I sighed and picked up Cyra and went in the living room. I sat us down on the couch and turned on the TV. I noticed that Cyra was staring off into space, so I poked her.

“What?” she asked with an annoyed look.

“I want to know what you're thinking about.” I said.

“My dad.” she said looking away.

“You need to stop doing that.”

“I can't, he's tortured me and wants me dead. How can I not think of him?” she asked me.

“Just do what I do and don't think of those who hurt you, think of those that you don't want to lose.”

“Are you indirectly telling me to think of you?” she asked with a sheepish smile.

Instead of answering, I crashed my lips onto hers. She was surprised at first, but quickly wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. We eventually broke apart gasping for air. Our foreheads were pressed together and we were just staring at each other. That is until Cyril crashed through the front door.

~~~~

Cyra's POV

What. The. Hell! Why was Cyril here and breathing like he ran a marathon? “Uh...why?” I asked confused.

“Well, your father kind of found out that I helped you escape.” he said with a sheepish grin.

“Okay...” I replied trailing off.

“Meaning, that he's on his way here to try and kill the both of us.”

“Lovely.” I replied sarcastically.

I sighed and got off of Esai's lap. I walked to my bedroom and slammed and locked the door. I flopped onto the bed and buried my face in the pillow before screaming.

After I had finished, I walked over and was about to unlock it when the window broke. I turned around and before I could do anything, a knife flew through the window and got lodged in the door right next to my face. I screamed and frantically tried to open the door to no avail when another knife flew in.

Now, I was no ninja but I somehow ducked and didn't get hit which was a miracle. Unfortunately, I was still trapped in the bedroom with no means of escape. The only idea I came up with was to hide under the bed which is what I did...until Esai opened the door. I crawled out and Esai slammed the door shut again. “What the fuck happened?” Esai asked.

“I have no idea!” I yelled looking around to make sure I wasn't going to get stabbed with a renegade knife.

He growled and hit the wall with his fist. Then he stormed towards the living room. I sighed and followed him and walked in as soon as he had Cyril pinned against a wall. I sighed and ran over to them. “Stop!” I yelled.

He released Cyril and I grabbed his arm and pulled him through the kitchen and into the pantry, which earned me weird looks from Bridger and Holden. I slammed the door shut and turned the light on. I crossed my arms and glared at Esai. “What?” he asked me.

“You need to stop being so violent.” I chastised him.

“Well maybe I'm just a violent person!” he yelled.

“No, you're not.”

“Then you really know nothing about me.” he replied with a sad smile as he left me in the pantry.

I fell to the floor and looked around for anything I could use to harm myself. I found rope and I placed it around my neck. I wrapped it around once, and held an end in each hand. As soon as I was about to pull the ends and choke myself to death, Holden rushed in and stopped me.

He unwrapped the rope from around my neck and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and cried until there was nothing left and I felt empty inside.

~~~~

A/N: Okay, I'm REEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY sorry for not posting this sooner. However, my depression got the best of me and I wanted to die again and then I had to find an outfit that made me look like I was a 1920s actress and then I had to go to a dinner to meet my thirty year old cousin who I haven't seen since I was like one and I went through another break up. Yeah, I had a really bad week but I finally got this chapter finished so YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I'm sorry it's really short though but I had writer's block. Also, the part with the rope is actually from personal experience so yeah. Anyway, vote,comment,follow, etc. and thanks for waiting for this chapter I love you all for being patient with me ^_^ bye for now!