Chapter 1 Coming Home

Finally home in Oz after a pain staking flight I hope to god my dad hasn't forgotten to pick me up,  since it was so last minute, I only decided to leave yesterday, it was a bit spur of the moment but I have my reasons,I continue to walk through the busy airport. I see the welcome to Sydney sign it's good to be home I see  a huge crowd of people by the exit greeting loved ones I scan the crowd, as I see him a smile forms on my lips there he is my dad in a black coat I can just faintly see the Lifeguard blue of his shirt topical , I drag my board and suitcase "hey popsicle" I say approaching not going to lie I was a bit nervous to see him again. I see a huge smile form on his lips, and I instantly relax.

"Hi Meggles" he answers giving me a one armed hug "how are ya?" He asks taking my board.

"I'm good" I lie, I think he can sense that but doesn't push as to why. I've always had a great relationship with my dad however with my mum it's a different story, you see she didn't want me to follow in his footsteps and be  a be a surfer she tried putting me in beauty pageants but I wouldn't have any of it my calling was the water that's where I felt the most free, "how are you?" I ask as we begin to walk out of the airport, terminal "how's things down at Bondi" I shiver as a cool breeze hits me "god it's cold" he chuckles.

"They are good, come down later if you want everyone would love to see you" I've known the Lifeguards since I was a grom, when I was off school  during the summer I use to help out with the clubbies, or in the tower.

We drive from Sydney airport to my dads house in silence apart from the radio he turns down the street I smile at the fond memories that play in my mind, "Dad I need to tell you something" he nods "I'm  not going back I'm no longer needed" he gives me a understanding look.

"Oh ok cool" he doesn't question me further . I'm glad really because I did ring him when I was a mess and slightly drunk.

We arrive at the sea front property seconds later "it's good to be home"  it really is I can't help but smile again as I shut the door of the white ute.  I hear a door open and look up to see my grandma.

"Megan" she shouts walking very quickly to us she gives me the biggest hug ever"god girl I've missed you" I can't help  but cry she holds me at arms length "your so beautiful" she smiles wiping the tear that had begun to fall.

"I'm sorry" I hug her again "I love you too" I look at my dad "I'm sorry too" he smile, I promised myself I was not going to get emotional I guess everything has caught up with me..

"It's alright Meg we all make mistakes" she kisses my head it wasn't completely a big  mistake going to Bali I enjoyed it but now I've got so many bridges to build and  my own demons to deal with "come on let's get inside" I take my suitcase "Rodney put her board in the garage" she says as we begin to walk up the stairs to the house....

Grandma opens the door of my room it was just how I left it a little under a year ago "I'll leave you to unpack" she says I nod and she closes the door I unlock my phone after I hear a notification sound to see.

From S
I'm sorry I didn't want you to leave you wanted it.  I quickly delete it and throw my phone against the bed, you aren't controlling me anymore. Then I get another text, I slowly glance up to see..

From Mum!!!
Hi Megan. Hope you arrived home safely, call when you are settled. I can't help but smile at my mums typical response.

After a hour of unpacking I emerge from my room and downstairs to see my grandma on the sofa I feel bad for not really spending time with my dad, but he understands that I need my space "Has Dad gone to Bondi?"

"Yes" she answers with a smile "all unpacked then?" I sit down next to her.

"Yeah, I might go down for a bit, will you be alright?"

"Yes I've  got some gardening to do" she gives me another hug "I know for a fact everyone can't wait to see you especially a certain someone" she grins I don't think he does after things ended the way they did.

I tie up my long blonde hair, Put on some on some long navy board shorts and a white surf shirt, my phone vibrates again.

From S
YOUR A MESS, bitch Leave me alone I quickly delete the message and turn off my phone, I'll deal with that at some point they will have to wait I think to myself while leaving it in my room I shut the door new start old friends new number.

"Granny see you later" I shout over the wall as she was working away in the garden god I've missed she waves I slip on my thongs,(flip flops) I think they are mine anyway who knows , and begins the short walk to Bondi I was so lucky as a child all I had to do was walk out my door and make the short walk to Bronte, I think if it was left to Dad I would have been called Bronte or Ocean.