Chapter 12 Whats Going On?

My hands are shaking it took all my strength not to slap Damian or my mother for that matter "Megan are you alright?" It was Maxi hepulls me into a hug "Hey that guy is a dick, I would of punched him you did really well".

"It's not him I'm mad at..I'm use to it.. it's the fact my mum didn't say anything..she just stood there and let some lowlife belittle her son.. her disabled son who fought so hard to prove everyone wrong..." I begin to cry "he almost died when he was born..but he proved everyone wrong and lived." I wipe my eyes "and he has been doing that since."

"I know I see that., he amazes me.. you amaze me Megan.. the way you are with him...you treat him like a adult.. ask him his opinion...let him try on his own..one day you will make an amazing mother" I laugh "I'm serious Megan".

"No I won't.. don't lie, it doesn't suit you."

"Why would I lie..your great with kids and your brother..but not so great with adults though." That's true "ignore what your mum didn't do... you stuck up for him that's what matters most, right" I nod "come on let's get a drink" why does he always say the right thing apparently I'm unpredictable a bit of a mystery.

I really want to go in the water but instead I sit eating a ice cream making myself fat "shame you did your back out" Reidy adds sitting down "so is Naomi single" I laugh and so do the others sitting around me Andy was now in the Rhino with Chappo and Bacon I could hear laughter the lifeguards were on duty manning the beach  but were taking it in turns to join in.

"Yes she is but I think she has the hots for Brucie" Hoppo gives me a look "do you want me to give your number to her Hoppo".

"Your lucky your Boxes daughter Megan" he warns, watching the water, you can take a man off the job but never take man out of the job, everyone was watching the water

"She was drunk probably had her drunk goggles on Hop no offence but your getting on."

"Well thanks Meg for pointing that out"

"Your welcome" I smile sweetly.

"If anyone else spoke to Hoppo the way you did we would be given a warning." Harrison said with a laugh.

"Harrison it's Megan she once talked herself out of a speeding fine" Maxi said.

"MAXI?" Hoppo and dad give me a look.

"What speeding fine?" Dad asks I smile "go on".

"Erm I..erm was doing 40 in a 30. But your no saint."

"And how? Did you get away with that". Jesse  asked, thanks guys just dig me a hole why don't you.

"I told him I was pregnant".

"Where is Andy now" dad asked getting up thanks dad nice save.

"He's coming now" Chappo was carrying him.

"Mate your heavy"  he chuckles "the Sands too hot for him".

"Thanks Chap" dad said as he puts him in his chair, it was 7 meaning knock off time and actual food.

We walk over to the Bronte surf club, I got a piggy back ride from Jesse because my feet hurt too much "good thing your not heavy" he joked, when Jesse joined the lifeguards we automatically got along the guys called me Maxi and Jesse the three musketeers even though Maxi couldn't surf waves we could.

"Meg are you alright?.. you seem off" I'm not going to tell him what happened between me and Chappo this morning because I don't even know what's going on myself.

"Yeah I'm fine just pissed that I can't surf".

"Yeah I know what you mean, I felt the same but your lucky it wasn't worse". Jesse is right but I just want to feel the adrenaline rush again.

Then I get thinking do I really want to be a lifeguard or do I want to do something else, do I love Chappo or was he a distraction...what's going on with me?

We arrive at the surf club and I see him oh fuck oh no what do I do how did he find me....

I hope you like it, sorry about a little change.