Chapter 3 Mother Dearest

As I walk out of the tower I grab my board "you can't seriously want to surf out there it's fucking cold" Chappo laughs walking up the stairs  I jump, "sorry forgot my stuff".

"It's alright..Mate I haven't been in Aussie water for nearly a year" I laugh  "of course I want to surf" I get a tingle rush through me when I see him smile at my response.

When you ride a wave you feel free,all your worries and cares disappear I hear someone shout my name as I was waiting for my next set I'd been out In the water a good half hour "Meggie, Megan" oh shit it's my mum what is she doing here, I texted her I thought that would satisfy her it usually does...what the hell does she want.

Kerrbox's POV
Maxi, Harrison and I clean the tower "Something's off with her mate" I shrug at Maxi's comment "she looks like she is running from something or someone".

"Mate I don't know, she didn't talk much on the way home, just went to her room" I hear Megan talking to Chappo. "Maybe Chappo could talk to her?"

"What about me?" He asks.

"Could you talk to Meg?, see what's up with her" Harrison looks confused "please she won't talk to me".

"What makes you think she will talk to me, I'm probably the last person she would want to talk fucking to about feelings..Megan will talk when Megan wants to talk, you know what she is like .. sorry mate see you tomorrow" he says picking up his bag..

"What's up with him?" Harrison asks.

"Megan and Chappo dated for almost 2 years" Maxi answers "things ended when she went to Bali".

"Wow..and you and Chappo get on good".

"Chap doesn't let it interfere with work or our friendship never has" I reply I know it hurt both of them, they were so loved up.

We look out the window watching the water I hear a voice that sounds just like my ex Megan's mum I turn to look to see her "shit it's my ex" I laugh nervously this can't be good.

"Box Meg looks pissed" Maxi says i quickly get up and open the window to listen to the convocation without being seen I  continue to watch closely as she drags her board up the beach how haven't I noticed that she looks weak.

"What's up?" She asks

"I wanted to see if you are ok? And settled"

"Well thanks I'm good" she turns away "you can go now I'm settled"

"Megan what's happened to you" Jules is usually the last person to notice a difference in Megan's behaviour.

"I'm ok just a little tired"

"Don't lie Meg"

"Fuck off, you don't usually care so why start now" Maxi looks at me wide eyed.

"Don't be defensive Megan" Megan usually doesn't speak the way she spoke to Maxi and her mother, she is never withdrawn it's like she couldn't get out the tower quick enough earlier , what's wrong with her "Why are actually here, why did you leave Bali?".

"I missed home.." she trailed off "ok now you know you can go" I know she is lying. 

"I want to introduce you to someone, come to the icebergs tonight" she nods "7:00"

"Yeah ok". Megan walks up the stairs to the tower "you heard everything didn't you?" she asks walking through the door she smiles but it quickly disappears "I guess I'll be meeting the new fly in her trap, it was nice meeting you Harrison I'll see you around Maxi"

"Bye Megan" they say in unison.

Megan's POV
All I was doing was watching reruns as dad went out with the boys from work. 7:00 came around quickly I don't really want to go, I dress in a green floor length dress and tie my hair half up and half down I turn on my phone to see text after text I ignore them and  walk out of my room to see my grandma "Megan you look lovely" I smile.

"Thanks gran, did you get much done"

"Yeah I did thank you, just in time for summer, Megan why don't you work at Bondi" I laugh "Meg I'm serious, your dad told me what you did today"

"It's not that granny, I would love to but it would mean I've got to work with Chris and dad, wouldn't it be awkward?"

"It would only be awkward if you made it awkward, maybe speak to Chris about it, see what he has to say, your both adults" that's true I'm 26 and Chris is 31, (I think Whippet and Chappo are the same age) I give her a hug "have you even spoke to Chris"? I nod

"Briefly yeah".

"Good, where you going"

"To meet the mother and her new beau" I laugh "wish me luck aye" I give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Megan be good" she shouts "no drinking" I laugh I might need a shot of whiskey after dealing with my mother but  my gran has a point about no drinking it only ends badly I shiver at the thought "are you cold?" I shake my head.

"Someone stepped on my grave" I answer "Love you gran" I could have been in a grave..