Chapter 2 Just Went For It

The white tower is in my grasp finally I can put this thing down fuck me it's heavy I lean it against the wall near the door and knock  door, the door opens moments later and see I see my uncle Hoppo "hi Hoppo longtime no see".

"Hi come in, guys the wonderer returns" in the tower there was Maxi, H, Reidy and Harries I walk up and give them all a hug, they all say welcome back, Hoppo and H left to clear up the beach.

"Hi Meg how was Bali?" Maxi asks, you best get use to that question being asked Megan I force a  smile.

"It was alright surf was great, not like home though " as well as surfing I taught kids how to swim, it was great experience "where's my dad?" I asks since he should be in the tower since he broke his foot.

"Beardy and Box are getting supplies to prank Harrison " I give Maxi a confused look "Harrison is the new kid he has just joined " I laugh.

"Mate you guys are so mean".

"Your not liked unless you get pranked" he answers then watches the water, I use to go to high school with Trent he was two years below me, when he became a lifeguard we became good friends.

"Whatever".

The door opens as I sit watching the water I thought I might as well be helpful while I wait for my prankster father and it might help if I distract myself plus it's only natural "Maxi Mate, this is going to be fucking great" dad chuckles. I turn around "oh hi Meg" I shake my head,  and turn back to the water, someone's hand going up grabs my attention I quickly get up hardly anyone was on the beach since it's spring which means a reduced number of lifeguards on the beach.

"Meg your not a lifeguard" Maxi shouts following me I see a small crowd of people in font of the location I'm guessing they are their family.

"I don't give a fuck" i snap I begin to run to the rescue board I pick it up and continue to run to the sea ignoring Maxi who continues to shout my name.

The cold water splashes against my ankles as I run some more the water gradually begins to get deeper so I jump on the board and begin to paddle.

Kerrbox's POV
Megan runs out to a drowning swimmer maxi, Maxi,and  I follow after her, since, Megan has come back from Bali she doesn't seem her bubbly self I know it's only been a couple of hours but I know my daughter, "Meg"  Maxi shouts "your not a lifeguard" Megan snaps

"I don't give a fuck" she continues to run reaching the board before Maxi could Maxi stands stunned as I reach him.

"Box she's not herself she's on edge", he says concerned.

Megan's POV
I make it to the swimmer, it was a girl no older than 17 "hold on" I grab her hand putting it on the board she looks at me scared with fear stricken eyes "climb on" she doesn't do anything.

"I'm deaf" she says  I find myself signing (get on feet to me) luckily she understood that was a risk because I haven't done sign language for years, I look behind me to see a wave looming I put her hands on the ropes and begin to paddle, we ride the wave back to shore, I get off the board dragging it up the sand as the girls mother and the lifeguards who were clearing the beach approach me.

"Thank you" she says with a relived smile.

I sign (you're welcome, are you ok) she hugs me.

"Yes yes" she answers letting go of me her mum then hugs me

"Thank you..." she says "what's your name".

"Megan and you are very welcome".

"Her hearing aid must of fell out, I'm so glad you could sign, where's your boss I want to thank them for you saving Anna".

"Thank you, I'm a little rusty...but I'm not a lifeguard, you might want to go to the hospital to check she hasn't taken in any water", I look back at the guys their facial expressions are unreadable, am I in trouble..

"Ok thank you again ..considering you aren't you acted like you are.. it's impressive".

Anna's mum spoke to Hoppo as I put the board back "Megan" I look up to see my dad I smile great I'm going to get a right bolking "I'm impressed" huh "you just went for it..." he laughs

"Your not pissed?"

"No why would I? you saved someone".

We walk back to the tower I hear clapping as dad opened the door "you're definitely Boxes daughter" Harries said Chappo and some more of the guys were now in the tower.

"Hi welcome home Meg Just heard what you did" Chappo said giving me a hug I thought he would hate me "shame we were stuck with a kid in the skate bowl". It feels nice to feel his arms around me again,  I kind of forget we aren't alone I let go awkwardly "it's good to see you, I gotta go see you tomorrow " he says leaving I sit down on one of the spare seats, he was too good for me, I think to myself

"Harrison this is Boxes Daughter Megan" Maxi says I smile I can't forget that feeling of him, his hands his voice .. I fucked up, Harrison shakes my hand snapping me out of them thoughts no you hurt him your not aloud to miss him...your selfish...

"Hi nice to meet you" Harrison said with a New Zealand accent.

"Nice to meet you too", he's cute and rather too chipper"you remind me of Maxi I hope your not as annoying".

"Me annoying more like it's you hanging around the tower" I smile

"I was helping" he shakes his head chuckling.

"Were you really?" Harries questions "or were you spying on someone?" I shake my head with a laugh.

"I'm going for a surf I can't deal" I make my way to the door, Harries continues .

"Was wittle Megan in Love with a lifeguard " I give Harries the finger which made him and the others laugh "Missed you Meggie".

"She is definitely your offspring Box" Hoppo laughs.