Chapter 6 New Start

I swap the tops over my arms are a light purple not dark like before I walk out the bathroom Chappo's eyes go wide but he stayed silent "Megan come here" he must of seen as I tried to hold in my tears he holds out his hand I take it and he pulls me close to him I cry again "it's ok to cry, he will never hurt you again the bruises will heal".

"I know" I sniffle "but the memory won't" I shiver trying to discard all the memories of the last 24 hours "can I come to Bondi with you tomorrow I really don't want to be alone, dads working too and my granny she is out with her gardening buddies"

"I think Hoppo would be more than happy to have you helping after yesterday" I look up at him.

"My gran said I should try out to be a lifeguard what do you think?" He smiles

"I thank you should you have amazing water skills, Hoppo brought it up yesterday he asked me if I would mind working with you, I don't do you?

"Not now no, please don't say anything to anyone Chris?"

"I won't, do think you will be able to sleep now?" I nod.

I kept my distance as I slept but knowing I have told someone makes me feel better and that it's someone I trust makes me feel a thousand times better...

The constant Beep..Beep...Beep was finally turned off as I open my eyes "Morning" I say still half asleep "Can I borrow some shorts and a shirt, I don't fancy doing the walk of shame" I laugh.

"Are you planning on going home first before you go to Bondi" I nod "ok I'll walk you, do you fancy some breakfast" I shake my head

"Thanks for everything".

"It's ok" he smiles "you need to eat."

"Fine" I roll my eyes.

After having some coco pops and a shower we walk to my house "I'll meet you at Bondi" I

"Alright see you soon". I walk up the steps to my house, open the door with the spare key as soon as I walk in I see my dad.

"Morning" he says making a cup of coffee "have a good night".

"Yeah" I answer "do you you need a hand down at bondi"

"Yeah we do" I give him a hug "what was that for?"

"Because your my dad" he chuckles "and a new start" he smiles "I'll go and get dressed".

"What's put you in a good mood or who?"

"Dad we just talked" I answer walking up the stairs. He laughs "I may have tried to kiss him when I was drunk" he laughs again.

I put on a blue surf shirt and white shorts I walk down stairs again "are you ready?" I nod and we begin the walk "stay in the tower" I nod.

"I'm thinking about trying out for a place on the team."

"Did grandma talk to you" I nod "I'm glad you listened to her."

We arrive at the tower me and dad walk in to see Deano "Hi Megan welcome back" he gives me a hug "sorry I couldn't come last night the kids had a bug."

"It's ok but don't breath on me" I laugh.

The morning was slow nothing major happened other than Maxi annoying me it was going great a couple of the guys did a few rescues.

There was a knock Maxi goes to get it I hear a child crying Maxi shuts the door after talking to a person who brought the child, "here mate come and sit with my friend Megan she will let you look through the binoculars" I pull up a chair for the little chap.

"What's your name sweetie" I ask as Maxi put him on the chair.

"Max" he answers with a small smile.

"Hello Max I'm Megan what colour is your mum or dad wearing?"

"Mummy's wearing a green top."

"How old are you?

"Five" he answers.

"Bondi Central  to Lifeguards there is a little boy who's called Max here his mum is apparently wearing a green top" dad said into the radio "he's blonde and wearing a yellow surf shirt".

"Alright Box we'll be on the lookout" Beardy answers. I give the little boy the binoculars

"Do you like surfing" I ask he nods "I like surfing too who's your favourite surfer"

"Kelly Slater" I smile.

15 minutes went by "Black rhino to Bondi Central we found the mother" it was Chappo.

"Megs bringing him" dad answers.

"Alright Mate we found your mummy, I'll take you too her" I said offering him my hand he take it and we being the walk to in between the flags it's was more crowded but not nearly to the scale as the summer, as we get closer I see Chappo point to me.

"Mummy" Max shouts running to his mum he was right about his mum wearing green

"Max why did you run off" she looks at me "thank you Megan I looked away one second and he was gone."

"It's ok it happens all the time."

"Max say thank you." He does and gives me a hug too they walk off

"Aww Megs you look cute with a kid" Reidy comments I laugh.

"No thanks.." Chappo doesn't say anything "if they turn out like me god help them."  Hoppo comes over.

"You were a nightmare" he chuckles "always running off and biting people, I don't know how Box coped.. " Chris and Reidy laughed "Can I have a word?"

"Sure" we walked down the beach.

"Thanks for helping today I wondered if you would like to be a lifeguard." 

"Its ok anytime I was going to come and ask you actually, I would love too."

"I'll have to do the test.. I know your good in the surf but it's required".

"It's ok Bruce I understand." he smiles

"Megan you have to be professional with the guys I know you and Um had a past, don't let that interfere with work" I nod.

"Ok I will have professional manner while here"

"You can go I'll talk to Box about when to do the tests" I begin to walk off "oh and Meg don't call me Bruce."

"Ok Boss." I make my way up to the tower with a smile on my face I sit down on the chair.

"You got a chance then?" I nod "yay"Maxi pats me on the back "well done".