Chapter 15 Megan

Six weeks later working on the beach has been amazing being in front of the camera has been weird but I'm use to it now "hey Megan can we ask you a few questions so people can get to know you" the producer Ben asked as I was sitting eating my sandwich on my lunch hour "Ok so let's start Home beach".

" Bronte."

"Name."

"Megan Kerr do you want to check my birth certificate" he laughs but continues.

"What is your relationship status?"

"Do I really have to answer that?"  Why is this even needed I'm not even sure myself.

"Tell us about your training and experience in the water?"

"I have been surfing for as long as I can remember and I was on a world tour when I was 18 but didn't win, shame". I pull a face "at least I got that far".

"What drew you to lifeguarding?".

"My gran suggested it when I rescued a girl in the winter"

"Was it Not because of me?" dad questioned with a chuckle.

"And my amazing dad of course Sarcasm " I whispered the last word.

"What unique achievements do you have in relation to the water or lifeguarding?"
"I can swim ,surf and the fact I was born to a good gene pool" I earn a couple of laughs and meg are you ok.

"How long have you been a lifeguard for?"

"6 weeks not long enough to answer that question" for as along as I remember I looked up to the lifeguards.

"What do you love about being a Bondi Lifeguard?" 

"The excitement Bondi is unpredictable, and that I get to be with some great people" I chuckle.

"Suck up" some people say I laugh I think it was Whippet .

'What's the greatest lesson you've learnt while being a lifeguard?"

"God there is loads" I think for a while , "properly not to eat Harrison's sandwich he was pissed". He was apparently talking about that stupid sandwich all morning.

"What do you think are the most important characteristics of a lifeguard?"

"To be approachable, and to smell good", I know for a fact I wouldn't want to be rescued by someone who smelt.

"What's the hardest part of your job?"

"The crowds and the ring of death it makes your heart race".

"What's it like when there is an emergency?"

"A blur everyone moves so quickly"

"Which rescue stands out as something you'll never forget?"

"My first" I've never been so nervous.

"What do you want to achieve or get out of this season at Bondi?"

"Knowledge"

"How do you feel about sharks?"

"Not the same a Box, but they freak me out."

"Do you have any fears?"

"Drowning and rats it's not my fault I grew up with Box"

"Do you have another job outside LG?"

"I was a teacher in Bali for a little under a year"

"What are you hobbies?"

"Surfing, reading"

"Do you hang out with any of the lifeguards on the weekend?"

"Of course I do."

"What's your best and worst quality?"

"Worst probably I swear too much and best you will have to ask someone" he turns to my dad.

"Kids love her" Maxi answers aww Max.

"What's the one thing people don't know about you?"

"I actually can do sign language and speak two languages"

"What languages are they" Maxi asks

"French and  Indonesian"

"If you weren't a lifeguard what would you be?"

"A marine biologist" I get some strange look "I'm serious".

"What's the silliest thing you've seen on Bondi Beach?"

"I don't know Bondi is a bizarre place to be."

"Tell us something funny about one of the other lifeguards?"

"Box locked himself in the toilet."

"Have you never had to be rescued?" I laugh.

"Yes twice once when I dislocated my jaw I was surfing down at Tama when a huge set rolled in I fell off my board and it me in the face I was rescued by H and the time after that I got rescued by Chappo because I dislocated my Arm and cracked a few ribs also a surfing incident and that was at Bronte". The memory still makes me laugh, he was so awkward when he checked my ribs.

"Have you got a nickname?"

"Yeah a fare few, Megs, BoxyJr, Kerr, Aussie Chick, Kermit".

"Why Kermit" Someone says laughing.

"High school nickname because I spilt green paint on myself" I laugh "Meggles, Meggie and moo"

I was down backpackers with Deano and Corey him and his wife Natalie who is also a lifeguard down here have just had there second child a daughter (I like adding my own personal twist) "how's the baby Cors?" Deano asks

"Mate one was enough never mind two" he yawns with a chuckle "she's a beat though"

"What's her name?" I ask I know it's unique.

"Ophelia but Noah keeps calling her Oaf" we all laugh.

"How's Nat doing" he smiles

"She's popping down at knock off to pick me up" I guess his ute broke down again I notice a swimmer bobbing.

If you like this story please comment and Vote I'm sorry for the long wait and short chapter I thought it would be fun. Also would you like to see any lifeguard parings in the story go ahead and comment and you maybe included.