Chapter 8 Saved By Food

Finally home and all I want to do is have a shower I'm so great full that gran brought me some clothes "Megan go and lie down", Gran says ushering me into my room I don't argue.

"What have you done to my daughter?" Dad says surprised I would usually argue when it comes to people making a fuss of me but she's my gran she's allowed too.

"Can I have a shower?" All I want to do is wash the sand of the smell of hospital off me.

After my shower I get dressed into some comfy clothes it was about 8:30 when there was knock at my door I was sitting on my bed "come in" I shout daring not to move, the door opens and there was Chappo he was in his lifeguard uniform he must of took over from my dad "hi sit down".

"How are you" he says sitting down on the bed.

"I'm ok considering I sprained my spine, could you pass me that bottle please" he stands up "thanks, can you  thank H , Gonzo and whip too please and whoever was in the tower, thanks" I take a sip of water.

"I will It was Quiggers" he laughs "how much do you remember?"

"Not much, did I do anything embarrassing, Chappo?" He laughs "tell me".

"You were talking about, how high you feel and that it was better than sex."

"Oh god.. why didn't any of you shut me up or take the whistle off me."

"Trust me we tried" he chuckles "anyway I brought your board back".

"Thanks" I smiled.

"I best be heading off get better soon Megan."

"You might as well stay for food...you know my gran she makes to much, and it beats having Weetabix they won't mind."

"Alright I'll stay..if your sure?"

We walk down stairs "g day Chap" Dad says with a smile "you staying for some food?"

"Yeah if that ok?"

"Of course" I slip on the bottom step but he catches me

"Ahh you fucker" my back "thank you".

"It's ok, you are a risk to yourself" he jokes.

"What happened?" Andy asks coming out of his room.

"Meg tripped" Dad says helping, "your like Bambi on ice but on land."

"Oh I know ...Hi Chris." Thanks guys.

"Hi mate" I was standing but then pass out.

"Box she's awake, welcome back we have some mash and snags for you" I smile.

"Yum" Gran walks in.

"Chris thank you, Meg is so clumsy" I roll my eyes

"I know Caroline" he laughs as  she hands him a drink

"Make sure she takes these, I best get back before Rod burns the food" I sit up slowly as Gran walks away I shake my head.

"What?" He asks confused.

"I'm not taking those.."

"Why? What is wrong."

"They make me feel sleepy." I see Andy watching closely he hasn't spoken  "Hi I'm alright" he looks like he was crying "come here" he wheels over so I can hug him "I'm ok sorry for scaring you."

"She's ok Andy" Chappo puts his hand on his shoulder.

"Do you love my sister?" He asks "please love her again". Chappo looks at me, has Andy just said something we are both thinking.

Saved by the food thank god "come on the foods getting cold Dad said putting on the table I sit down and we all eat in silence until Dad spoke "thanks for taking over for me Chap."

"No problem it was pretty quiet, how long have you got to go without surfing"

"Six weeks it depends on how everything heals."

"The lifeguards are doing a surf tag team in 2 months, Hoppo was going to ask if you wanted to join its 13 of us so far Me, Nicola, Chap, Mouse, Kailan, itchy, Whip, Jesse, Azza G, Azza B, Jethro, Louis, Max Ashford, we really need another girl" Dad laughs.

"If I can I will if not Harries could pass off as a woman".

After the food I walk Chappo out "do you still love me Megan?" I bite my lip.

"Do you?, because I do, I understand if you don't" he puts his hands on my face and takes my lips against his,that's what he meant by it wasn't the right time.

"I do" he says when we break apart.

"What are we going to do now?"

"Do what we did before, take it slow" I kiss him "I'll call you later".