Chapter 18 Announcement

Alł the guys  know that I'm pregnant other than my dad of course. yesterday I hit the 12 week mark I just took it easy the doctor said it would be ok to tell people as I'm low risk, I was spending more and more time with Chris but we are just friends at the moment I think.  My hormones are all over the place  "hey Megan earth to Megan" dad says snapping his fingers in front of me "what's up with you?" He asks as he drives the rhino back up the beach as it was home time.

"It's been a long day" I'm actually shitting myself because we put a scan photo on his bag and a balloon of the gender in the tower.

I've still been doing rescues just preforming them in a different way I've been paddling on my knees only lying down when bringing the patient in, Chappo has been on me like a hawk.

We arrive back at the tower I'm nervous, we walk up the stairs there was a balloon that said 'congratulations your going to be grandparents' on a blue balloon his bag was underneath it with baby scan photo everyone was silent "is this some sort of joke" Maxi was recording "Megan" he turns to me once he picks up the picture.

"Surprise" I smile "your going to be a grandad" he turns to Chappo and laughs.

"Sorry Mate" dads eyes go red but he has a huge smile on his face.

"I should sock you one" he laughs "for knocking her up but you love her and she loves you so I won't".

"Boxy is going soft" Maxi said squeezing his shoulder.

"Dad you missed something out" he looks around then gasps.

"Are you having a boy?" We both nod and he gives us both a hug, everyone claps "I honestly thought it was a prank who else knew".

"Everyone knew I was pregnant but I wanted we wanted to surprise you".

After the announcement everyone was trying to guess how far along I was "I recon 12 weeks because your not showing but you know the sex" Harries said some more guess.

"Put us out of our misery" Beardy says.

"Just 12 weeks".

I see behind Corey Natalie "I couldn't miss this" she gives me a hug.

"Make the most of when they are small because they soon get attitudes" someone adds.

"Terrible Twos" a couple say in unison.

"Well thanks guys" I smile.

"Grandad Boxy" Reidy adds.

We arrive back "Megan there is some post for you" gran says "oh hello Christopher" she adds handing it to me I open it to see a important letter saying the following.

'Dear Miss M Kerr

You have been called to testify against a Mr Stephen O'Brien as you made a statement against him on the 1st of December 2014  you are ordered in court on the 1st march 2015 at 10:30 am at the Sydney crown court.' I stare at the paper for a second. I thought I wouldn't have to see him again how I was so wrong, Chappo I stuff it into my pocket.

"Megan what's the matter" she asks.

"Oh it's nothing" I lie "I've got something to tell you and Andy sit down" they both sit down if I change the subject she might not ask again "how do you feel about being a Great Grandma and Uncle" both their eyes go wide.

"I would love too I was wondering when you would tell us" she smiles giving me a huge hug then Chris I give her a look "you have looked prettified for the last month I'm so happy for you both".

"It's a boy" dad says Andy stays silent "what's up And" he turns away and rolls away. Dad shrugs "teenagers".

"Chris do you want dinner" Gran asks him.

"I've got to go somewhere sorry Carrol" where is he going.

"Me too mum" I'm confused.

Once Dad and Chappo left Gran sat me down "was it the day before Andy's party".

"My medication for my back threw everything off".

"It does it happen I'm excited for you Megan, How's Natalie?"

"She is doing good her baby girl looks just like her" Gran smiles.

"You know she was just like you when she was younger always getting in trouble" Gran laughs.

What do you think is up with Andy and how do you think Chappo will react when he finds out about the court letter, hope your still liking it I've been thinking about doing Natalie's story, would you like to see it.