Chapter 5 I Can't

I was given a white shirt and green shorts and a toothbrush "thank you". I walk into Chappo's room and get dressed I look at my naked body in the mirror I'm bruised around my ribs and arms but luckily they aren't purple anymore I look at the shirt it was short sleeved "hey Chris you haven't got a long sleeved top have you".

"Yeah top draw its blue, my old lifeguard shirt." I pull it over my head and look in the mirror it looks weird looking at myself in lifeguard blue, I open the door "it suits you" he comments walking out the bathroom I sit down on the bed. "Aren't you going to be too warm?" he questions.

"No I'll be fine" I answer. He pulls out some pyjamas and turns to me.

"What are you going to tell your gran and dad?" I was sobering up I think.

"That I went off with a tall dark stranger" I laugh "I don't know right now I guess I'll say I stayed with you" I walk into the bathroom.

"Oh ok" he answers as,I begin to brush my teeth.

"We are good right?" He doesn't answer as I spit out the toothpaste "Chris I'm really sorry for how I left things" I turn to look at him he was sitting on his bed deep in thought.

"I know but why call things quits with no reason, you just up and left, Megan".

"I was selfish I never thought about you...but I never stopped loving you, I was confused I wanted to go to Bali it was a huge opportunity, and I was scared that you would fall for someone else while I was gone that's why I broke up with you."

"Didn't you trust me Megan didn't you realise how much I loved you I was going to drop everything go with you ".

"No Why...didn't you tell me?" I sit down next to him.

"You didn't give me chance you left" that's true I told him Tuesday morning and left Tuesday night he did keep saying he wouldn't want to see anyone while I was away, but I didn't listen to him "I haven't dated the whole time you've been gone".

"Neither did I" I answer "I have missed you,I was going to text or call but I didn't know were we stood, when you hugged me in the tower this afternoon I felt something I haven't felt for alone time" I'm too drunk still for this I would never admit it if I was sober

"Box called me yesterday to tell me you were coming home I was relived, he told me you were upset is it that person?" I don't ever remember crying could my dad sense it in my voice.

"I already told you I don't want to talk about it" I break down crying he puts his arm around me as I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Megan what happened to you out there you need to tell someone" I take a deep breath.

"I was..." I know I need to tell someone but I can't, he will think I'm disgusting "I can't tell you".

"You can, and when you do you can stop carrying this weight around but I understand you don't want to tell anyone at the moment and that's fine". I look up at him I don't know what came over me I kissed him he was taken back and pulled away "your drunk you need to sleep..sober up" he didn't shout "that wasn't the right time to do that."

"I'm sorry can we forget that happened". I stand up as he pulls back the cover "I really fucked up didn't I?" I begin to cry "I ruined a good relationship." He rubs my back.

"Forgotten,Just sleep you'll feel better in the morning",I go to walk out room "Megan I'm not sleeping on the sofa and neither are you" Chappo's sofa is a backbreaker "just don't try and kiss me again you smell of fosters and whiskey" he laughs.

"I brushed my teeth!" I throw the pillow at him but he catches it.

"Oi and don't destroy the place thank you and if you need to vom.. do it in the toilet." I nod climbing into the bed "oh and keep your cold feet to your side".

"If your making all these rules can I make one..." he nods "if my top rides up ignore it please". He laughs I don't want him to make a fuss of my bruises

"Alright". He answers climbing into the bed "bed I've got to be up at 6:00" he yawns then climbed in after.

I look at the clock it was only 11:30, I begin to drift off I guess everything must of overwhelmed my body which I'm glad about at least I might get a decent night sleep for the first time in 24 hours.

How I was so wrong it was 2 in the morning I wake up baking, I look over and see Chris with no covers laying on his front I can't help but chuckle a little he was flat out. I get out of the bed I'm hot but I'm not sleeping in a short sleeved top I check my phone to see a message..

From Kerrbox
Thanks mate.

Then I realise that wasn't my phone it was Chappos do I look through it no.. but it's tempting...no Megan don't look.. ok I'll just look at his photos.. because he takes amazing beach shots he hasn't delete any pictures of me and him.. I haven't either, I couldn't do it..I put it down where I found it where's my phone I get out of bed my head slightly aching... let's see if I remember the blue print of this apartment I begin to walk using the wall I unsuccessfully make out the room as my foot collides with a surfboard I fall onto the floor not making my head any better I hear the light turn on "Megan what you doing on the floor?" Chris asks with a chuckle I wince in pain "are you ok?" I nod I carefully move but Chris was soon by my side "your roasting" he says taking my hand he looks me in the face "your not ok". He sits me on the bed turning on the big light.

"Who puts a surf board near a door anyway".

"It must of fell, where were you going".

"To find my phone".

"It's on the sofa, do you want a T-shirt" I shake my head "but your roasting" he gives me a look I find myself saying.

"I'm covered in bruises" if I don't tell him now I won't tell anyone "because a guy tried.." I can't believe I'm finally telling him "he tried to..sleep with me" I cry the rest of it out he hugs me tight

"He didn't..." I shake my head he sighs in relief

"Thank god, Megan how did you surf earlier?"

"I don't know I guess the pain didn't hit me" I smile wiping my eyes

"I'll get your phone and a drink just hang on".

Chris returned holding my phone and a glass of juice I hate water I press the home button "thank you" 25 texts from him because I didn't open the others.

"I have a spare sim"

"Thank you, you were right about the weight being lifted, I might change my top, but you've got to promise not to react".