Chapter 4 Meeting The Fly

The burgs was fairly busy, I know my dad isn't far away, just in a bar across from here if I can't take my mothers drivel any longer I hear her shout my name "Meg" I walk over and sit down across from her, apparently I look like my mum but have my dads eyes but I don't see it personally "Damian has just nipped out to take a call, you will love him, he is a father of two" my mum hates kids "Tamara and Alice they are lovely, and he works as a builder".

"Oh" I answer, mum continues to talk about herself like always I nod along until I hear my name being said.

"Hello you must be Megan", I look up to see a older man in his late 40s to my surprise mums boyfriends are usually my age.

"Hello I am" he shakes my hand.

"Would you like a drink".

"Just a coke please" I'll listen to my gran "thank you" he walks away to the bar  I give my mum a look he was older than expected "well you've grown up" I laugh "he's so old mum, older than me well done".

"I know but he's lovely and he's good in.."

"Don't.. I don't want to know.." she smiles chuckling a little, there was a awkward silence until Damian comes with my drink "thank you" he sits next to  mum .

"So Megan Jules told me you, you worked with children in Bali what do you plan on doing now your home".

"Work the beach" mum almost choked on her drink.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah I'm good with a board and I was a clubbie" she nods

"Could you teach my daughter Alice how to surf she's six and keeps nagging me, I've never got the time and her mum wasn't interested and neither is her sister" mum mouths say yes.

"Of course I would love too" I smile I'm not just doing to to make my mum happy but to help a kid to do something they want to.

We talk for ages, it was so boring and my phone hasn't stopped vibrating I look down to see 15 messages all from the same person and one from Chap I smile.

From Chris 'Chappo'
Hey hope the surf wasn't too cold for you...just seen you at the Burgs, when you get bored come and join us we are at the anchor, pint on me.

To Chris 'Chappo'
Hey on my way.

"Hey I'm going to head off..got to.." I try and make a excuse but get cut off.

"Go Megan, thank you for meeting me...but I'm sure you have something better to do than to sit with us on your first day back..a boyfriend to see perhaps" Damian said with a smirk "are you sure Tuesday's ok with Alice" I nod "go and have fun" mum smiles giving me a hug.

"Don't have too much fun" she whispers.

I walk across the road to the anchor it was a little bar with a anchor over the door I recognise the laughter has I walk in I walk over "hey Meg" everyone said nearly all the guys were there .

"Sit down" Dad said moving over so I was in between him and Chappo "what do you want? a pint of fosters" I nod what my gran doesn't know won't hurt her, Dad gets up to get me a drink.

The convocation and drinks were flowing I learnt that it was Reidy who sent the text, Chappo puts his arm around me as I was beginning to feel tired and a bit tipsy I found myself sitting closer to him with my hand rested on his thigh "you alright there" I smile up at him moving my hand quickly.

"Yeah I'm alright might need to go for a walk" i blubber out fuck is it me or is it hot in here .

"I'll come with you".no I'm good I want to argue "your not going alone your too drunk Nobody noticed we left and if they did there was nothing said well at least I don't think they said anything, I'm too drunk we walk for a little in silence well I wobbly "how are you?" Please don't ask me that.

"A little drunk" I can't help but laugh as I stumble on my own feet  he catches me

"Let's sit down yeah", he says guiding me to a bench I want to argue again but instead blurt out

"You know what" he gives me a look "Christopher your a great person" I give him a hug and it takes him of guard.

"Thanks Meg but let's get you home" I look up at him.

"I don't want to" I let go, "come on" I take his hand standings "live a little.. Chapman" I smile pulling him into the direction of the beach.

"No Megan its late, I've got work tomorrow I'll walk you home".

"No I can't! Can I stay with you..? It's not far away and I promised my Gran I wouldn't drink" he laughs. "Please Chris, she'll be mad at me, have you ever seen her mad it's heartbreaking Chap please" he sighs.

"Ah Alright you can stay".

"Thanks". We walk back to Chris apartment, this place hasn't changed a bit "still looks the same" I sit down on the lumpy sofa "still smells the same" he gives me a look.

"Like what!"

"Man and socks"

Your drunk" I laugh.

"I'm serious it smells of you" I slur my words "socks and man.

"Your a strange one, Megan" he mutters something under his breath , "you want a drink or anything?"

"A corona to make me forget" I put my hand over my mouth I talk too much when I drink.

"To forget what?" He asks concerned sitting down next to me "Megan?"

"Nothing it's nothing". I take my shoes off as my phone buzzes, I think Chris must of read the message, stupid iPhones .

"Who's this person harassing you Megan" he tries to speak calmly but I know he is annoyed.

"Please don't question me, I don't want to talk about it" he nod "I'm going to sleep".

"Meg ..." I look at him pleading not to ask again "Ok you can borrow a shirt and some shorts if you like".

"Thank you" I give him a hug "I'm ok though really" lie lie lie .

He gets up and walks out the room, I would tell him but that means it actually happened and I don't want to believe it.