Tom~ I Just Called

Inspired by listening to Stevie Wonder

Your eyes flicker open in the midnight light. You mumble to yourself as your phone buzzes off. Who is calling at this time of night? You slowly lift up your body, your eyes sting so you close them again. Your hand smacks on the bedside draws looking for your phone. You grab a hold of it and rip it off charge.

Your squinting eyes widen when you read the name of the man calling you. Tom. You smile and answer the call. "Tom?" you question, your voice worn and eyes sleepy.

"Hello darling" he answers positively. Did he forget he is in a different country? "How are you?" he asks. You roll your eyes knowing he can't see you.

"Tired" you answer truthfully. You chuckles as you hear him gasp.

"Oh my darling! I'm sorry! I forgot of the time difference!" he apologizes, his voice echoing through your ear causes you to hiss silently.

"It's okay" you forgive, moving the speaker away from your ear. You sigh as the line goes quiet. "Why are you calling if I may ask? You are still coming back in 2 weeks right?" you ask him, your eyes softening. Is filming going for loner than scheduled again?

"Yes darling.. I will be on the earliest flight back to London" he says and a smile grows on your lips. Your silently laugh, so glad that he will be finally returning for 4 months with no filming.

"Yay" you whisper and you hear him chuckle at your adorable tone.

"And.. I just called to say I love you"