Tom ~ Party Cups

(Inspired by this ^^^)

The party was like no other. Just a bunch of young to middle aged semi famous British men and women at a apartment party. The floor is filled with people chattering to each other about their life desires. And you are not having the best time unlike everyone else.

You got here 20 minutes ago, being 2 hours late due to having to do your sister a solid and babysit her children. You waited for 40 minutes in traffic after a accident on the freeway to get to this. This certainly wasn't a comfort zone.

The host (and your best friend) was no where to be found. And all of these people are somewhere in the film industry. From makeup artists to scriptwriters, they were all somewhere in the field. But you, were no where near this industry. Journalism on real life was much more your area of work.

You push your way through the swarm of intoxicated British guests. You needed a drink, desperately. You appear at the table with cups, but in 4 different colours. Your eyebrows furrow as you look down and read the little notes located by each coloured cup.

Pink - taken! Oh you wish.

Purple - DTF. Your best friend is a comedian isn't she.

Blue - Single AF. Oh how you wish that too.

Green - It's complicated. That's a bingo.

You pick up a green cup and fill it with the punch filled with fruits. Your eyes squint as soon as you take a sip. Oh how that is strong. You'll be seeing angels in no time now.

You wander around the apartment, gently nodding your head to the bet of the song. You stare at everyone's cup. Majority are either pink or purple. How lovely.

4 drinks of punch later, your head is spinning, more than you can ask for. But the sweet flavour is demanding that you have more. Now singing to the song playing currently, you pour yourself your 5th cup of punch.

"It's complicated is it?" You hear a deep British accent speak. You turn around with a cocked eyebrow and come face to face with a gorgeous man who seems to be almost twice your height. He wears a dashing black suit which shows off his slim yet muscular body figure. He gives you a wide smile so you smile back.

"No not really. You just get the spoon and pour it into the cup" you shrug your shoulders. You demonstrate to him how to pour a cup of punch. He laughs heavily at you. You frown at him, what did you do wrong?

"I mean the cup darling" he explains. You continue to frown. Yes exactly as you demonstrat- Oh, the green cup.

You bite your lip and look down to the cup. You look back up to him and he is still smiling wide. "That makes sense.. Yeah, it is very complicated" you inform him. You gulp down the punch and go to pour yourself another.