Tom~ Tell Her

You love him. 

Everyone knows that you do. Your family know. All of your friends could basically smell it from you. His friends know. His family has known since the moment they saw you. But, you didn't know that you love him. You didn't even think twice about it when someone brought up you and him being something more. 

He loves you. 

Everyone he knows, knows he loves you. Everyone knows that youse were in love with each other. His girlfriend knows, but she still remains with him. No one really understood why. Because why would you stay with someone when you know that they love someone else? People just assume she doesn't want to let him go yet. 

He knows unlike you. He knows that he is head over heels for you. And he knows that you are head over heels for him. But you just don't realize it. The reason he won't confess his love for you, or leave his girlfriend is because he is afraid of the possibility of him somehow being wrong. Even with everyone knowing youse are in love.

You're his best friend. You have been the moment he laid eyes on you. And he didn't realize you were until you looked to him. It was a instant connection. There were many witnesses to agree with it. 

He made you smile like no one else could. 

And you gave him a feeling that he has never felt before. 

-

He walks up to his apartment. His keys are dangling in his hand as he comes to his front door. The key inserts and the door creaks open. She sits on the couch, her upper body leaning forward with her feet placed firmly on the wooden floor. They only say hello to each other. 

There is no more passion in their voices and their expressions don't change when they see each other. It's clear that there is no more love like when they first met. 

She doesn't blame you. She doesn't blame you, the woman he loves for her dying romance. If she truly loved him, she would have tried harder then to just watch him fall in love in front row seating. If he truly loved her, he would never have spoken to you again. 

"Tom..." she speaks, filling the silent air. He turns around to her and stares deeply into her eyes. "I'm leaving" she informs him. 

It does hurt her. To say those words to him. Because she does love him. But you can love anything, but only be in love with one. Tom watches her eyes water up. As she stands up, he steps to her. His shoes creaking on the wooden floorboards. As they are only cm's apart, his arms slowly wrap around her body. 

"I'm sorry" he apologizes, wiping away her tears. She gently shakes her head and looks away from him. 

"Don't be. We are both aware that you love her" she states. Tom nods in agreement. "And we both know she loves you" she continues. Tom nods in agreement again. "And we both know I am in the way" she finishes. 

Those words breaks her heart. But she knows it's true. She doesn't understand why it hurts so much. The truth hurts, but if you hide it away. The longer it's hidden, the more it'll hurt when revealed.

"I didn't mean for this to happen" he says honestly. But, he isn't sad or mad that it did happen. "I wish you didn't have to get hurt" he tells her, resting his chin on the top of her head. She rests her face on his chest. 

She's going to miss him. But, she can't live in a lie. Slowly pulling herself away, they stand in a distance, looking away from each other. She looks around the apartment, spotting out all of her belongings. He begins to watch her eyes wander around the apartment. 

"I'll have my belongings out by the end of the week" she says. Tom nods his head, rubbing his chin. 

He helps her pack a suitcase. Only filling what she'll need for a few days. While she calls her sister, he calls a cab for her. Walking down the flights of stairs together in silence, Tom carries her suitcase for her on his insist. As the cab arrives, Tom hands the driver more than enough money to get to her sister's apartment. 

While the driver puts the suit case in the trunk, the past lovers both stare weakly at each other. 

"Tell her you love her. Tell her that you love her. Please" she says in a almost beg, holding onto his hand. Tom slowly nods his head and quickly embraces her. 

"I'm sorry Victoria.. I do love you. Just not how I used to" he explains. 

"I know" she whispers before pulling herself away and rushing into the cab. She doesn't look back to him. But Tom watches the cab drive away out of sight. 

After minutes of standing out front of his apartment block, he nods his head. Checking his watch he begins to walk down the street. Weakly smiling to himself as he turns the corner. 

He walks preparing himself to confess his love for you.