Tom~ Accident

Tom murmurs, his head moving slowly against the hard hospital pillow. His tired eyes open up weakly, trying to take in as much possible. His head is pounding, eyes are blurry, throat is burning. He can feel a pain in every section of his body, besides..

His legs.

"Hey" you whisper, gently stroking the rough beard that has grown in the past couple of frightening weeks. He doesn't look to you, he simple looks down to his legs.

"Will I ever be able to walk again.." He whimpers, his scratched large hands trail over one of the cases slowly. You look to his hand and gentle grab ahold of you.

He looks to you with hesitation. But when he does, he doesn't get the feeling of relieve like he usually does. The worry doesn't disappear like always. In fact, it gets worst.

"The doctors aren't exactly sure yet.. You broke your left left in 3 different spots and your right in.... 7.." You trail, but continue rubbing the circle among his hand. "Only time will tell" you finish.

He takes in a rough breath and looks away from you. He breathes deeply to keep him calm from giving himself a attack of some form. His shaking hand drags among his ginger curls. He lets out a heavy breath trying to think.

"How long was I out for?" He whispers, laying his head back, staring at the bright hospital light. You murmur, your hands rubbing together.

"Just over a month.." You answer. You sat by his side for every single day and night. You would only go home if it was urgent, and if someone else was here to watch over him. You refused to leave him all by himself.

Tom lets out a cough and shakes his head. How did this happen? He can't remember a thing. Was he going for a jog? Driving? Acting? Dammit what was he doing?

"You were in a car accident" you tell him, Tom looks to you. Somehow you knew what he was thinking. "You were driving to get takeout- my request.. And a truck ran the red light..." You trail, you down to your lap.

The guilt is building up in you all over again. So many "it's not your fault" from family and friends. But, it's complete rubbish. You were the one that suggested it. And aloud him to go all by myself. The outcome would have been different if you went with him. Knowing how long it takes for you to get ready to leave, even if it is for simple outings, you still take your time. The truck would have been long gone. But as well, you and Tom take a different route to the restaurant. You wouldn't have even seen that set of crossing lights.

He lets out a sigh. He closes his eyes for a brief moment, thinking on how to make this positive. But how can he?

"I'll get the doctor and call your mum" you tell him, reaching over for your phone but he quickly grabs your hand.

"Please don't.. I just want a few more minutes to process this all" he begs and you slowly nod your head, agreeing.

-

The media went wild when the news were finally released that Tom was awake. Everyone happy their favourite Brit will live on for another day. But of course, their will still be struggles for him. They just don't really care about that part.

"Home sweet home" you force a smile on your lips as you push Tom inside. He looks around your humble home, finally glad to be home. You kick the door shut and push the wheelchair to mumble.

The one thing Tom has been saying for the past few weeks was "I can't wait to be in my own bed" and.. The bed is upstairs.

Both of you's stare at the flight of stairs. Trying to think of possible solutions. You's can't keep living here if he is stuck on a wheelchair for the rest of his life.