Thomas Sharpe~ Last Waltz

You hated dancing. Of all the things you wished to do. Dancing was the last one. You enjoyed reading, writing, painting, even singing for crying out loud. You thought that anything was better than dancing. You would refuse to dance for even a single second. Until, he walked through those doors.

He was different. He made you feel different. He was the only person that made you smile without thinking. And, the one thing you despised most. The thing everyone knew that you hated. That you would rather chop off your father's hand then do. He asked you to dance.

When he first asked you, well, you shot him down. Declining his proposal, explaining that you don't dance. But, he didn't stop it there. He didn't ask you again for the rest of the evening. But, he didn't dance either. Instead, he sat with you at the table and merely talked. He talked about his inventions and you talked about your dreams of travelling the world.

You didn't notice the ladies and gentlemen slowly departing from the evening. Not until your family asked if you were ready to leave. And you honestly weren't. And that's when he saved you, he told your father that he would gladly take you home. Because it was clear, that neither of you wanted to seperate from each other yet.

As youse were the last two in the ballroom, youse had decided it was best to leave. And it was him that suggested that youse walked back to your home. It was too short for a ride but wasn't too long for a walk. And his hotel room was not far from your home anyway.

But purposely, youse would take a different route, to ensure that your journey would take longer then normal. And then, just down the street of your home. The street was empty. The moon was illuminated. And he found it as the perfect moment.

He whisked you onto the middle of the road. One of his hands was placed on your waist, while the other was holding onto your hand. You opened your mouth to refuse what you knew what he was doing. But then, you found yourself lost in his gorgeous blue eyes.

He breathed softly before humming the melody of the music that you refused to dance to. It took him a moment, he as well lost in your eyes. And then, he begun swaying you. Youse swayed in circles all across the open road. You've just about never danced in your entire life. But, dancing with him made you feel like you have never stopped dancing.

That night, you fell asleep into a dream where you were doing nothing, but dancing.

And here you are now. Standing in the middle of the floor, with the man holding onto you. Because, tomorrow, he is departing. Going back to England to continue to work on his inventions. And it breaks your heart to think about it.

But now, standing in front of the people that know how dearly you hate dancing. They watch you, as youse begin the last waltz. The last waltz you will ever have with the man that you will never see again.

Throughout the dance. You never break eye contact with him. Nor does he break eye contact with you. You only act as if you are dancing on the road again. Because it embarrasses you to dance in front of all of these people. Because you hate it. Yet, you are doing it, for him.

"Y/N...." his smooth voice speaks. "I cannot help but to only stare at you when we are together. And think of you whenever we aren't together..." he whispers to you as youse continue to waltz.

You breath out, tightening your hold onto him. You feel your eyes blurring up with tears. Because, you don't want to see him go.

"But I do not want to see a day without you. I do not want to wake up in England knowing that you are an ocean away from me. I do not want this to be our last waltz my darling.." he admits to you.

You blink, feeling the single tear rolling down your cheek. He breathes softly and leans closer to you. Raising both of your hands and wipes away the tear with his finger.

"My darling Y/N, will you marry me?" He asks.

And with those words, you know it will not be your last waltz with Sir Thomas Sharpe.