-Chapter 4-

*****

*****

"Shut up!" Kageyama yells at you.

"I'm just trying to help you Kageyama! Clearly, you haven't been improving much. You keep relying only on yourself when you have a whole team in front of you. And maybe stop practicing so much during lunch. If you don't eat you will keep that same snarky attitude you always have. It's not cute. That's why you don't have a girlfriend." You tease him. This is pure entertainment to yourself. You and a friend of yours would always do this to him.

"(Y/n), please let's just get back to practice." Hinata says. "We don't have much time left."

"Hinata give me a second. Of course you asked Daichi if you could play a match. Because you think that it will help. Let me tell you that what you need, isn't to play. It's to start trusting your teammates more. You need to start being able to tolerate shorty. You act like you're better than everyone else but you're just as a rookie as Hinata is." You point at him. "I'm leaving."

"Bye (y/n)-san!" Hinata, Suga, Tanaka, and Daichi say. You wave at them as you start to walk away.

"She's so annoying." Kageyama says trying not to allow anyone to hear. Though, everyone does.

"Don't say that Kageyama. Especially if you're not going to say it to their face." Daichi says.

"She's also really pretty!" Tanaka points out.

"Who cares if she's pretty or not? Still, it doesn't make up for the attitude she gives." Kageyama THINKS he said that to himself but instead came out perfectly out of his mouth.

"Ha, Kageyama you really don't like her do you?" Hinata questions.

"I don't like her cause she makes fun of me sometimes. And she's pretty tall. And she can do these really cool tricks." Hinata says as he waves his hands in the air.

"You guys should stop talking so much about (y/n)-san and focus on your own improvement. If all you do is care about someone else you won't get anywhere yourself." Daichi tries to get everyone to concentrate back on playing.

When the conversation dies down to only the 4 boys talking. Kageyama thinks to himself. He tries to get you out of his head, but he can't. He watched you a lot when you would practice in middle school. He would always try to learn from you even by just watching you. He admires you more than he hated you, but of course, he would never admit it. But deep down, he knew it was true.

END OF THE DAY

School today had gone by painfully slow. Transferring a lot was something you got used to. But being able to handle class change was different. And all you could think about was the 3-3. All those thoughts rushed to your mind and Kageyama has changed since you last saw him. But you haven't seen him play just yet. And that made you excited.

It was practice time and you were practicing your blocking. It seemed quieter than usual for some odd reason. Everyone was concentrated and only thought about what was in front of them. "(Y/n)-san!" You hear Tanaka yell.

"What is it?" You look at him.

"How hard am I spiking. You've been blocking and receiving a lot of my spikes. How is it?" He asks you. Not looking directly into your eyes.