-Chapter 36-

"Alright, guys! Gather up!" Mizoguchi yells. "The spring tournaments are in less than two months away. We got in the top four so we didn't have to play the first rounds. But I have good news. Karasuno got past the first part. I'm not sure about the details but I know they won."

"What matters is that we're going against them again. We saw their growth over the training camp and they are getting better. But so are we." Irihata says. "We are going to nationals this time." He smiles. "Oikawa take it away."

"Yes! Today we have that practice match with the college team. As you know, we will be switching up players every round. I hope this benefits all of us."

"Oikawa!" You yell. Oikawa looks at you and throws the ball at you. You go to spike the ball but the blockers block it. Watari received it and it goes back up. Oikawa sees that Iwaizumi is free and he is about to throw it to him. But you yell again. "Oikawa!" He throws it at you in a way that you will definitely hit.

"(y/n)-Chan!" Iwaizumi worked as a decoy and you throw it and finally landed a point. But that point didn't feel good. "Good job!" He tells you.

"No, I didn't hit it the first time. I only called for it so I could feel better about missing the first time. But it still didn't help."

"Hey! You two stupids, you made it over, that's what counts." Iwaizumi says.

"My spikes are worsening!" You completely ignored Iwaizumi and kept complaining about yourself. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain hit your head. Iwaizumi threw a ball at you. "OW IWA-CHAN!"

"You are doing just fine now keep playing."

After the first round, Oikawa became their setter. And he got good at adjusting to everybody's spikes. It surprised you but it wasn't the first time. You lost this set and you were pretty pissed about it.

"Hey guys stay here I'll be right back." You tell the team, you had seen something but you wanted to make sure. So you went out the gym doors and went around to see if you were right. "I thought I saw someone." You say. He jumps up in surprise.

"I'm so sorry." He bows down.

"Kageyama It's fine. I know for a team like yours and a team like mine, you have to spy on our team to see how you can win. But just because you watch, it won't make you stronger, and it definitely won't make us weaker." You say.

"That's what Ushijima said." He says.

"You talked to him?!" You were surprised.

"Yea, we went out on a run. And Hinata and I got lost. And we ran into him. He said that Oikawa should've gone there instead of here. And that without Oikawa your team is bad." He said. This made you angry. Of course, he would've said that.

"Listen if you leave right now I won't tell anyone I saw you here okay?" You point at him. "And don't think we're losing against you. Oikawa is the best setter and he brings out the best of everyone. I assume you already saw that." Kageyama nods and leaves and you head back to the gym.

"What was it?" Matsukawa asks you.

"Nothing." You tell him and continue to practice.

-next day-

You hear the gym door open. And look to see who it is. "Oh god, I forgot about him." You tell Iwaizumi. You hear Yahaba say something to him but can't exactly make it out. You walk closer to him following Oikawa who was also approaching him.

"Oh great, the third years are still here. I thought they were going to leave after losing, cause they sucked." Kentaro says. This makes the third years mad and you're about to throw a ball at him but Oikawa steps in between.

"Aww, we missed you mad dog." Oikawa says.

"I told you that I hate the nicknames." He says.

"Oh, you know you like being on the same team as me. Just admit it. Wait, you'll come to realize it soon enough." He says. This made him jump and it gave you shivers.

"Oikawa sure has a way with words." Iwaizumi says.

"Yea it scares me sometimes. Hey, can you throw me some Iwa-Chan? I want to keep practicing my spikes." Iwaizumi nods and you both go to the other side of the court. As you two are practicing you try to make conversation. "Sugawara texted me and told me they were going back to Tokyo and train. He also said that Tsukishima is actually practicing how to block. Looks like they really want to win."

"Yea, but we're not letting them." As he says that he spikes down a ball so easily.

"Wow, Iwaizumi-san so cool!" You tease. It's your turn to jump so Iwaizumi throws you a ball and you jump up to hit it, your knee cramps up. "Ow!" You fall down to the floor and hit your knee again. "Damn it, my knee." You begin to massage it.

"Are you ok?" Iwaizumi runs to you and sits next to you.

"I think my knee is starting to act up again."

"AHHH ARE YOU OKAY??!!" Oikawa yells out. "I saw what happened from far away. Your knee can't give up now."

"Easy for you to say. Hey, can someone get me a pack of ice?" You yell out.

"I think you're just getting old." Kentaro says from afar.

"Kentaro nobody asked for your opinion." You yell at him.

"If your knee is bad I can't let you play." One of the coaches says. Hearing that made you shoot up.

"No no. I'll be fine. I'll go to physical therapy every day and get it ready for the game." Even though you were standing up your knee hurt. "I'll be fine by October."

"Alright, that's enough for today!" Mizoguchi yells. Everybody go home and get some rest. Kunimi comes in with an ice pack and hands it to you. You thank him and put it over your knee.

"We'll walk you home." Iwaizumi tells you. "So go change and meet us outside the club room." You nod and go out to change. You thought it wouldn't hurt but it definitely does. You get changed and head to the club room. You try your best to act like it didn't feel like someone was punching your knee every time you took a step. And as you see both guys walk out you wait for them to start walking. And as you begin to walk, Oikawa immediately scoops you up and puts you on his back.

"Oikawa I'm fine." You tell him.

"No, you're not. You can't lie to us. And you can't wear yourself out. So I'm carrying you."

Even though Iwaizumi always carried you, you didn't care it was Oikawa this time. Your knee was hurting and you didn't feel like walking. He was taller anyways. "Thanks, Oikawa." You tell him. And kiss his cheek.

This was so short I'm sorry. I just needed a filler chapter. This really has no meaning. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed.