-Chapter 17-

-Saturday-

"You seem annoyed today (y/n)-chan." Oikawa says behind you.

"Remind me to never study with that dickhead four eyes ever again." You three are walking to school together and you could barely sleep because of what Tsukishima had said

"What did he do to you?" Iwaizumi asks you holding your backpack because you were too annoyed to hold it.

"He gets super cocky when he realizes I don't get something and then makes fun of me for not getting it." You say ignoring the fact that he called you out yesterday.

"You have no other choice unless you want to get a tutor or something. Or you know someone else that is also smart." Oikawa was playing with a ball he had in his hand as he talked to you.

"I'm getting a tutor I guess. But I will never study with him again."

"He pissed you off this much?"

"Yes."

"You're not telling us something." Iwaizumi knew you were lying.

"Okay geez. I stayed a long time because his mom is a really good cook. She cooked us dinner and it was great."

"That was it?" Iwaizumi said with a not-so convinced voice. You hum in response and continue to walk ahead of them hoping they'd leave the topic.

"He said something about your parents didn't he?" Oikawa suddenly says.

Oikawa couldn't hold it back anymore, he knew that wasn't all. He felt a sharp pain on his back. He turned to see that Iwaizumi had smacked his back. He turns back to you waiting for a response. You stopped in your tracks and finally looked up from your phone. You have your eyes closed and sigh to yourself.

"So what if he did? It's not like I care about them anymore." You turn away angrily not wanting to look at them in their eyes.

"If you didn't care so much then you wouldn't be as angry as you are right now." Oikawa wanted to know what Tsukishima did to get you angry. Iwaizumi was interested but didn't want to force you to talk about a topic that made you uncomfortable.

"He just said that volleyball was just a distraction from the real world. Implying that I'll never face what happened between me and my parents." You walk slower because every time you talked about your parents, you mentally got weaker.

"How does he know about your relationship with your parents?" Iwaizumi finally speaks up.

"It somehow came up one day when we were talking. He knows that dad is co-owner and that they kicked me out and all that. He also mentioned how I put volleyball over studying." You get close to Oikawa subconsciously because you needed something to hold on to. Oikawa puts his arm around your shoulder knowing that it was one of your comfort areas.

"Just let go of it (y/n) he doesn't know what you went through." Iwaizumi pats your back wanting to comfort you as well.

"You shouldn't allow him to control your feelings like that. We saw how it went down and we know you do things because you want to." Oikawa rests his head on top of yours. "It's going to be okay." You smile and nod.

"Thank you guys." You laugh a little. "Can we stop talking about this now? We came out to get lunch, not talk about my problems.

--

"Thank you Mr. Ito." You smile at the elderly man handing you your drinks. Ito Ichiro was the owner of a bar and grill near your house. He had known you ever since your first year of junior high and didn't like your dad's business. So he enjoyed giving you things that your father didn't like.