-Chapter 26-

-Friday- (continuation of the last chapter)

You get ready to block one of Hinata's spikes, you wait to see where the ball is going to go and Kageyama tosses it to Hinata. The ball is too short, but Hinata hits it with his left hand. Your eyes grow wide as you stare at the ball that just barely went on your side of the net. You slowly turn your head to Oikawa as he gives you the same look that is on your face and shrugs. What? you think. Karasuno does seem different, Kageyama's serve was short. Hinata hit with his left hand. Nishinoya was going to copy the move that Watari does on occasions when Oikawa isn't there to serve. Nishinoya did try to set the ball like Watari but miserably failed. They're not the usual Karasuno, with the overly put-in strength.

The whistle blows, the scoreboard being twelve to twenty-five. "I'm so glad we haven't had any penalties so far. Who's our next match up against, Iwa-chan?" you get a drink from a water bottle.

"I think it's Fukurodani." he also grabs his water bottle. You look to your right and see that Shinzen and Ubugawa are going against each other. Kuroo turns to you and you smile at him and he smirks at you.

"Damn you, Tarako." the captain of Shinzen tells Tarako.

"Broccoli..." he says back.

"Stop that. You're being rude to food." Kuroo says and you chuckle.

"(y/n)-chan?" Oikawa gets your attention and you hum in response.

"How close are you to Kuroo?" he looks over at you, to see you mouthing a conversation with Kuroo.

"Tetsu-chan? Well, he is my childhood friend. I've known him for a long time now. He could be like a brother figure to me. But Tetsu and I know each other very well and he was the one that convinced me to come to Tokyo for my first two years." You look back at Oikawa who hadn't stopped staring at Kuroo.

"(n/n)-chan! Look at me." you hear someone scream your name. You look for your owl friend to find him one court down. You look at Bokuto and he spikes the ball so hard you could hear a 'smack' when the ball hit his hand. The ball lands on the other side of the net, sending it flying up in the air. Bokuto turns to you and you give him a thumbs up.

"(n/n)-chan?" you hear behind you.

"Yea, that's what they call me here in Tokyo."

"What about him? Bokuto, right?"

"Yea, his name is Bokuto Kotaro. He is part of the top five aces in the nation. He is also a great friend of mine. He was the one who gave me the nickname. He said that my name was too long to pronounce. So I started calling him Ko-chan and I started calling Kuroo, Tetsu-chan. Our parents were great friends as well. We would always hang around. I was lucky when I got to play with Ko-chan, he went to a different school and also lived in a different town. I still like to call Ko my childhood friend though because he was one of us." you smile remembering your childhood.

"What about Kenma and Akaashi?" Iwaizumi talks this time.

"You two really want to know about my Tokyo life, don't you? Kenma and Akaashi are the quiet ones. They are the smartest ones though. It may seem as if volleyball is just a thing that they do with their friends, but on the inside, very, very, deep inside, they enjoy it. Of course, you already know what positions they play. Ko-chan, ace, Tetsu-chan, middle blocker. They both are captains. Kenma, setter, and Akaashi, setter as well. Akaashi is the vice-captain of the team. Even though he is a second year. Kenma is also a second year and Tetsu, and Ko are third years."

"Why don't you give Kenma and Akaashi nicknames?"

"Kenma gets mad when I call him a nickname. One day I called him a name he didn't talk to me for a week. I got him a new game and he finally started to talk to me again. Akaashi, well, it's fun to say Akaashi's name. Especially when you scream it out. I like his name as it is. Enough chit-chat. Fukurodani is done, let's get ready for our next practice match." you walk away putting down your water bottle.