-Chapter 38-

(This contains spoilers. But if you all are reading this then I'm guessing you all already watched all of Haikyuu!!  and don't need a warning. Anyways I'll only be writing about the interesting things. I mean if you all want to see how they play really went then watch the episodes of season 2 but I won't be going into much detail of how the game goes)

Before starting your match with Karasuno you go to the bathroom. Even if you didn't want to show it, you're nervous out there. "(y/n)?" You hear someone call out. You turn around thinking it's a fan. But you meet eyes with someone different.

"Nori?" You say. Surprised to see your own brother at one of your games. "Is that really you?" You hadn't seen him since middle school after he left. You could see the resemblance but at the same time, there was none. He was taller than you by a few centimeters. He had a slim but masculine figure and a mature face. He also wore glasses, but he didn't have contacts like you did. It was strange. It was like you were looking at a different person, not your older brother.

"Yea it's me." Suddenly your surprise became anger.

"What are you doing here?" You ask turning your head away from him.

"I came to watch you play of course. I decided to come here before I go see mom."

"But why? You never cared about me playing volleyball. You never cared about me in general." You tell him. Remembering all the times he just watched your parents yell at you.

"It's not like that." He tries to grab your hand but you pull away.

"No! When mom and dad hit me or yelled at me you just stood there. You never defended me. If they got mad at me for playing volleyball you wouldn't do anything. Whenever they compared me to you, you wouldn't say anything. You just..." you stopped. You felt the urge to cry, but you didn't show it.

"I was scared."

"You were scared?! Mom and dad would always-" you started.

"They would hit me too okay. I was the only child for 5 years, did you forget? They wanted a daughter, but I came out. And they were really disappointed. Why do you think I only studied? Because I was scared of them. I wanted them to be proud of me, so I became a top student. When you and Tama popped out and their focus went on Tama, I started to study all the time. They wanted Tama to study too, but he was good at sports so they let him do that. Then when you came out, they were happy they finally got a girl. But then you also wanted sports but they wanted to raise you the same way they raised me. As a kid, you would listen to whatever they said, but when we moved and you started to become friends with Bokuto and them, they got worried. They got worried that you might want to hang out more with them than with us. So they started to hit you. The reason I didn't step in was that I knew what it felt like and I didn't want that to happen to me again, so I chickened out. Trust me I would get so mad when they would tell me to stay out of it. I couldn't believe they told you to quit volleyball." He stopped talking. He looked at you. Almost in tears.

"But why did you leave us." You said.

"I was over it, and I got a scholarship to a really good college. I had so much trouble deciding if I wanted to go or not. But mom told me to go, she told me she would change. After she got sick, I believed that she would change. But clearly, she was lying. Listen, I'm sorry. I really am and I regret everything as a child. But now look at you. On your way to nationals with your friends. You have a better future than I do." He stopped himself.

"What?" You say.

"(y/n)-Chan the game is about to start we have to go warm-up." Oikawa yells. You turn to look at Oikawa who was looking for you.