-Chapter 6-

Before I start the story I should say that 'Anime Awards 2016' hosted by CrunchyRoll will be held. This will allow you to vote on different anime shows and you get to decide who you would like to win. I just finished voting. Sadly, Haikyuu was not nominated, though Yuri On Ice is. So I suggest you go vote on https://www.theanimeawards.com/ you don't need to have a CrunchyRoll account so you can vote. Is it sad to say that I knew all the animes that were nominated? Sorry, I don't have a life. So go vote!

*****

You watch from the side as to how the 3-o-3 was going, the first set has started and Kageyama's team was at the top. You huff to yourself and Sugawara is first to notice. "You okay, (y/n), you've been pretty rough since you got here." Suga was keeping track of the points with you.

"Huh? Oh, yea. I just really want Daichi-san's team to win. I think you would be a better setter than Kageyama. He's good and all, don't get me wrong. But he cannot trust his teammates enough. Kageyama's weakness is understanding other people other than himself. When we practiced with the boys in middle school it took him a while to adjust to our spikes. I had a lot of friends in the boys' team so I just moved on and started practicing with them. Either way, I think you would make an excellent setter. It is your third year anyway." You say to him while smiling.

"Oh, uh t-thanks. I'm pretty sure you're just saying that because you don't like Kageyama-kun." He says back.

"Well, I guess that's part of it, but not most of it. I think you-" Before you continue your turn to see how the game was going. Hinata kept doing his super quick spike and it still got you every single time. Even after continuously watching it. "I think you could be a better setter. I understand Hinata is fast. But he's a rookie, so is Kageyama. You have more experience with the team."

"Oh thanks, (y/n), but it all depends on who wins." You nod in response as you continue to intensely look at the game. Biting your nails, eagerly waiting for the winner. "Don't worry (y/n)." He says while putting his hand on your shoulder. "I think this year we have a pretty good team. And we can all balance out. No matter who the setter is." He says while he smiles and you smile back.

The game ended up with both teams winning one set. As you were handing out the water bottles Takeda-sensei ran inside the gym. "Is everyone here?" he asks. Daichi nods.

"Everyone gather around!" When everyone is in a mid-circle around Takeda he starts speaking.

"I have arranged a practice match with Aoba Johsai. There is only one condition. Kageyama has to be the setter."  Everyone is shocked. The words that came out of his mouth went in one ear, and out the other. You immediately turned to look at Kageyama and he also looked at you. Both of your faces were as shocked as everybody else's.

"What about Sugawara-san?" Tanaka asks.

"Tanaka it's okay, all I want to happen is for the team to win," Suga says back. The two third years look at each other. Until they agree. You were worried about Kageyama. Not just him, but the team as well. If the setter was off, the whole team would be too. Kageyama would be too demanding at times. But you let out your worries, and immediately got fired up for the upcoming practice match.

You walk out of the bus excited to have a practice match with Aoba Johsai. You were a bit nervous about what was going to happen when they see you. "You look very excited." Tsukishima says.

"I am! It's our first practice match." You say back to him as you turn around to face the rest of the team. They all looked so excited to finally be seen as an official team.