-Chapter 40-

A/N : BRO LAST CHAPTER! Ok so this is going to be different. This is the end when you finally end up with your lover. So, for this chapter I won't be going into specifics or mentioning their name. It may be whoever you wish. Someone I made you close with, or someone you didn't even talk to. Also I'll be saying he since it easier but if yours is a girl just change it to her. I just need you all to imagine who you want to be with, to be there with you.

"There you are." You hear someone say behind you. You turn around and meet their eyes. He was standing on the steps looking down at you sitting on the bottom step. "I was looking for you." His voice was a mixture of worry and relief.

"And you found me." You laugh. Trying not to show the tears that had recently come out.

"What were you doing here anyway?"

"I came out after the game ended. I needed to breathe. That game was intense." You tell him.

"Yea." He sits down beside you.

"So Karasuno and Nekoma are going to nationals huh?" You say trying to break the silence.

"Yea. The two teams you left." He awkwardly laughs. Thinking it was wrong for him to say that. "Do you regret leaving?" He asks you.

"No, not at all." You say. "I belong in Aoba Johsai. Tokyo just wasn't for me and after I got my own place here. Karasuno was the second option. But when I moved to Seijoh my life felt complete."

"So no regrets?" He asks you.

"None. Maybe I'll look back 10 years from now and think to myself, 'damn, I should have served that better,' or 'what would have happened if I hadn't missed that?' Being defeated is something you can hide but, it's not something that will go away soon." You tell him.

"Who would've thought?" He begins. "Karasuno. A used to be the powerhouse that broke down after their coach retired. Defeated Shiratorizawa on their first try."

"Yea. I went against Ushiwaka since middle school and never defeated him once." You feel the urge to cry again. "What was I missing?"

"Nothing!" He says almost surprised. "You weren't missing anything!" He reaches out for your hand. And at that instant, you felt some sort of relief. "You did your best out there."

"I've been thinking about it lately." You say.

"About what?"

"Everything. I got in a fight with Nori. It's not the first time we've fought, we used to fight all the time. But for the first time, Tama said something. I had no idea how much it affected him." You feel him tighten his grip on your hand.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"He just went on about how he was always stuck in the middle. He said that we never asked how he was. And when he said that, it just clicked. He was right. I'm such a horrible sister." You say and put your free hand above your eyes.

"No. You're not. You're an amazing person. You need to stop being so down about yourself. You are one of the best people I have ever met in my entire life." He let go of your hands but he immediately cupped your cheeks. And when he saw your red puffy eyes he stared at you even deeper. "Were you crying?" He asks.