Prologue [Edited]

-Crowded streets are cleared away-One by One-Hollow heroes separate-As they run-You're so cold-Keep your hand in mine-Wise men wonder while strong men die-

                                                -So Cold (Remix), Breaking Benjamin, We Are Not Alone

                                                                                                                                        9:45 P. M.  

                                                                                                                          January 12, 2012 

                                                                         Emigda F. Rosario

                                                                         I walked home with my bag, clutched in my hand and hoping Dad wasn't home yet. I bite my lip and turn another corner, the wind whipped behind me. I shiver and sigh. I hate this cold, crappy weather. 

I hear a scream and my eyes widen, turning to it. I look down the alleyway to see a man with a red mask on that had showing glowing golden eyes under it, with a blue line as a smile plus a green line coming down to his left eye. His black hair up to his shoulders and wears a black trench coat, black skinny pants, and black leather shoes. A girl with dark blond hair has her eyes closed with tears threatening her, fake wings came from her back and he gripped the feathers on it. 

He stared at me then narrowed his eyes. "You're gonna have to wait, Angel. I've got to deal with this Human." he said in a deep voice and charge at me. I ran like hell. I could hear the footsteps of him behind me and I turn a corner. 

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Why does this have to happen to me?

Am I gonna die because of him?

Oh God, I wish had somewhere to hide from him. 

Suddenly someone grabs me and pulls into a building and put there hand in front of my mouth. I looked up to see a guy with a black hair and glowing green eyes stared at me. He put a finger up to his mouth in the quiet symbol.

Who was this guy and why is he helping me? 

"Idiots, I can sense your presence." the man's voice said and our eyes widen. He crashed from below and the boy pushed me aside. I shriek and the guy punches the guy, slamming him into a the wall. The boy scowled at the man then threw him aside. "Run!" the boy said and grabs my hand, pulling me with him and headed off to somewhere.

9: 56 P. M. 

We breathed hard in the school yard. I wiped my face with my cloth and stared at it for a second then offered it to the boy. "Oh, thanks." he said and wiped above his eyebrows and I noticed that he was barely sweating. "Are you okay?" he asked and I nodded. "I'm Shadye Dragonir." he said and smiled at me, running his fingers through his hair. "I'm Emigda Rosario." I told him and he nodded. "Will you be okay going home now?" he asked and I bite my lip. 

"Now that we're at the school, it takes at least a half an hour to get to my house." I said and he looked to the ground, staring at his shoes. "Fine, I'll walk you there." he said and we started to walk to my house. 

10: 32 P. M.

I stared up at my father's apartment and Shadye's eyes widen, his jaw gaped open. "You live there?' he questioned and I slowly nodded. "Yeah. My dad is big into architecture. It's just him, my dog, and myself. It gets pretty lonely." I said and he slowly nodded. "I would be too." he said then the door burst open, light blasting to the stair case. There stood my dad at the door with a beer in his hand and a drunk look on himself. 

"Wha th hell re you doin' weth my dughtir?" he asked in a slurry voice and I cheeks blushed crimson. Oh course he would talk like that in his drunken state. "Um...I was helping her get home since she got lost." Shadye said and dad blinked. "Oh..thunk ou!" he said and smiled at him, motioning me to get up with him. I started to walk up the stair case and then dad said, "Stay wuth us until sun rise! We gots tens ov room!" Shadye stopped and turned to him, shrugging. "Why not?" he said and climbed up the stairs to smile at me. 

5: 32 A. M.

I stared at the empty bed that Shadye had taken. I guess he decided to live so he could get back to his own family. I sighed and pushed my light brunette hair down, looked in the mirror and my eyes widen. 

There stood the man from last night.

I twirled behind me and saw nothing but an old red chair and a broken barbie doll house in the corner. I breathed in and headed off to the bathroom. I rolled my shoulders and ignored the pain in my stomach. 

I should have known that I would meet Shadye again but in a terrible fate.