Chapter Seven

~I'm at war with the world~And they try to pull me into the dark~I struggle to find my faith~As I'm slipping from your arms~It's getting harder to stay awake~And my strength is fading fast~You breathe into me at last~I'm awake, I'm alive~Now I know what I believe inside~Now it's my time~I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life~

                                                                                               ~Awake and Alive, Skillet, Awake

                                                                                                                                            Unknown

                                                                                                                              January 19, 2012

                                                                                  Emigda

                                                                                  Once I woke up, I felt like hell. Every bone, muscle, and nerve in my body hurt with incredible pain. I moaned in pain and rolled over. I felt as light as a feather and heard laughter coming from over my shoulder. "You should accepted my offer , Halfing then it wouldn't have resulted to you having a Curse." the masked man's voice echoed around in the closet. Someone started to drag me out from it and I moaned again. 

"Shut...it..." I hissed out with a different voice than my own. The masked man laughed and I forced myself to smile. "It...was worth...it..." I force my eyes to open and see the masked man and the girl in his arms. His eyes glowed with a passion and pulled her closer to his mask. "Amy..." he said and my eyes widen.

That name was in my dream. 

"Amy. That name is the one that shall bring the Hell King to bring destruction." I say and he snaps his head to me. "What? You already know the outcome of the Bataille des Anges du Mal." he said and I blinked, feeling something jangling around my wrists. I glanced down to see them shackled with scars running across my arms. I moved up but my legs were dull and i scowled. "Damn it...my legs can't move. This must be part of my Curse. Can't move my legs so I'll end up in a wheelchair in the rest of my life." I say and laugh. The masked man suddenly appeared and grabbed me. I shrieked and he pulled me to his face, his eyes concerned with worry. 

Worry? Why would he bother with being worried of my while being? He stole me away to kill me. Isn't that correct?

"What is your name, Halfing?" he asked and I looked away to see that Amy disappeared without a trace. "It's Emigda Rosario." I reply and he puts me on a table, staring at my face. "God has surely blessed you with beauty like Amy." he said and I blink. Did he just say I look hot? I felt a blush rise up my cheeks and I glanced away. "Why does everyone say that? I don't know why every boy at school once wanted to date me." I mutter to myself then the masked man pushed my chin up. "Huh?" I question and he leans down closer to me until glass shatters around us. 

He moves away from me and pulls out a dagger, pointing it to the smoke. "Bastard! You dare take somethin' that belongs to me?!" the voice yelled from the smoke and my eyes widen. It sounded like Shadye but how could he be here? Shadye then came out from the smoke wearing raggy, ripped clothes and something is off about him. He brought out a butcher knife and threw it at the masked man. He caught it right between his fingers and rolled his shoulders. 

"Are you going to Release your true form, Halfing?" he asked and Shadye scowled, staring at me. "Ya Cursed her for no reason. I'm gonna kill ya." Shadye said and the masked man suddenly appeared behind him, pulling his back as far as a head could go. He screamed and my eyes widen, putting my heads to my face. 

"You're forcing to Release my true form for no reason, Evil Creature." a different voice said and something in the air made everything around me feel like a building collapsed on top of me. I gasped and moved my hands away to stare at Shadye's face morphing.

Blue scales appeared on his face, arm, and neck while his pupil became straight. His hair started to move closer to his face and his fingernails started to grow longer and sharper. His nose flared and he opened his mouth, fire erupting from it. "Wha?" I question and Shadye grabs the masked man, gripping him that caused him to bleed. 

He threw him over his shoulders and into the door, slamming it open. The masked man's mask cracked and a piece fell off onto the ground. Tanned skin with black jagged lines came from the piece and my eyes widen.

A premonition came to me. 

"All Halfings that have a Human parent stay here to watch over the Prophet while we go into Battle."a mysterious voice said and I blinked, reaching out for someone. "No, please." I say and tears glisten my eyes, "Don't leave me here. I can help. I can fight too." The person turns to me and smiles, his eyes hidden beneath black hair. "You must stay here so we can protect the Humans from the Fallen, Emigda." he said and I pull my hand back, wiping my tears away. "Promise me that you'll come back to me." I say and he nods. "I promise that on my mother's name." 

I gasped and slammed my head back into a wall, pain gripping my skull tight. I swore and stared up at the masked man. My eyes widen as I saw a very familiar face I once knew. He scowled and pointed teeth came from his lip. His angular face stared up at me and jagged tattoos crawled up to his left eye and mouth. I opened my mouth to say his name and his eyes widen.

"Allen."