Chapter Three

~The world we knew~Won't come back~The time we've lost~Can't get back~The life we had~Won't be ours again~This world will never be~What I expected~And if I don't belong~

                                                                                    ~Never Too Late, Three Days Grace, One X

                                                                                                                                                     8: 23 P. M.

                                                                                                                                       January 19, 2012

                                                                                   Shadye

                                                                                   My eyes widen and I gasped, pain filling my whole body and I looked to see the floor stained crimson. My nose was filled by the smell of the blood and I slowly started to get up but every single bone in my body hurt like hell. I rubbed my aching neck and looked around me to see no one but the dark empty room. "What the hell happened?" I questioned my self then rubbed my neck, feeling something sticky and I drew my hand back. My eyes widen and stared at the blood on my fingertips. 

"Look at you Halfing. The Vampire Halfing has taken your blood. How pathetic." 

I turned to the voice and saw the man from earlier. "Why are you here?" I hissed at him and felt my teeth sharpen a little. No, I have to stay in this form. If I change, it'll cause a problem. "Halfing,  don't you know how to fight by now?" he asked and started to laugh, '"You're becoming more Human than Halfing. Why is that, boy? Feelings should be abandoned to defeat Nellaf with me."

"Shut up, bastard!" I yelled than he brought up a dagger to my throat. I scowled and he slowly started to lift his mask, he showed his pale chin and mouth but dark jagged lines came from his neck and face. What the-?

"This is what happens when feelings come to face with yourself. Now I abandoned my feelings for defeating Nellaf." he said then moved his mask back down to his face. "I hope you take my advice, Halfing or you'll end up like me.'" 

                                                                                      Emigda

My eyes bolted up and I gasped, clutching my bed sheet and rubbed my eyes. "What kind of dream was that?" I questioned myself then got up, staring at the ground. It wasn't the wooden floor that I had. I moved to the mirror next to the window and my eyes widen.

Prophet was behind me.

She smiled at me and I moved my fingers to the mirror then she screamed. I started screaming with her for no reason and someone grabbed me from behind. I seized the person and I looked to see my dad. I stopped screaming and his eyes widen, gripping my shoulder thought. "Emigda! Are ya okay?" he questioned me and I blinked, remembering that Prophet was just a girl I saw in my dream and the man with the mask had to be my imagination. 

                                                                                                                                               9 : 32 A. M. 

Shadye wasn't here today in class. His seat was empty and I just kept on staring at the window. What is going on with my life? Everything was normal right until I saw the girl with the plastic wings and the masked man.  Wolfren started coughing and I looked to him, seeing him holding out a note to me and I grabbed it. I snatched it open and stared at the crappy writing saying:

Do you know where Dragonir is? I have to ask a favor for him.

I sighed and wrote down that I had no idea where he was, holding it out to him and he snatched it. He opened it and grinned, turning to Reiko and did a thumbs up. "Mr. Willow, what is the answer to problem number six?" Mrs. Helion asked and Wolfren sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. "It's x equals twenty-nine point six over two." he replied and her jaw dropped, I quickly down to my paper and noticed that was what I got. Did he look at my answer or did he answer it himself? I looked over to see no notes or calculator or anything but a blank notebook and pen.

Mrs. Helion coughed and motioned him to seat down. He looked to me and grinned. What the-? Did I just see sharp canines? 

                                                                                                                                                 1: 50 P. M. 

I blinked at the sound of the bell ringing and everyone started to run out the hallways to go home. "You look tired, Emigda." Fabrico said and I looked up to him, staring at his pale complex. "Who's talking? You look like you're about to hurl." I replied and grabbed my backpack, getting up and moved up to the front of the classroom. "I think I just caught something and my back has been killing me." he said and coughed. I stared at him then asked, "Do you want me to walk home with you?" "No!" he shot out and I jumped at it. "Um..." he began and I started strolling down the hallway. "Wait! Emigda! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell at you!" he yelled and I ignored his pleases. 

"That wasn't very nice, Emigda." 

I turned to see Fabrico behind me with his hair covering his face and his hand gripping my shoulder tight. "Why should I? You were being a jerk. You should be the one apologizing." I told him then he grinned madly. My eyes widen and his teeth started to grow. "I'm tried of pretending to be a student. This being a pain in this ass." he said and I started running down the hallway, trying to get away from him. 

Something was definitely wrong! 

This had to be an illusion! Like those times with Mom near me when she was already dead. This is an illusion! It had to be!

"So he disguised himself in a fake Human body. How pathetic." 

The man with the mask flew by me and I stopped, turning to him and he ran down the hall to where Fabrico was. "Wait!" I cried and started running after him. It wasn't me he was after this time but Fabrico. I had to stop! Even though he just scared me, he's my friend. I can't leave him behind to face this. 

                                                                                     Wolfren

"That boy isn't Human." Reiko said and I blinked, turning to her and saw her eyes flash the color red before shifting back to green. "I knew that already but what about the girl Emigda. She smells like a Creature but looks like a Human though both you and I look like one too." I said and bite into a sausage, gobbled it down. I swallowed it whole and Reiko sighed, moving to me and I blushed. "You have a piece of meat on your lip, Wolfren-kun." she said and picked it away from my lip.

Man, I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have this extremely attractive girl with me right now.

She smiled and I grinned, flashing my sharp canines and sighed. "That girl isn't Human either. She has very rare blood like the boy with ancient blood running through his veins." she said and I got up, moving to the window and dug out a feather. "Interesting," I said and gripped the feather tighter, "Should we get her before Allenir does?" "He already has took part in this game. The boy hasn't yet though but if he likes the girl then he will follow her." she said and her pupil turned cat like, her iris turning red and I growled. 

"Someone else has appeared." I said in a deeper voice and she nodded, her nails slowly started growing longer. "I think it's a Fallen Angel or Demon. He's near the high school and so is Allenir." Reiko said in a snake like voice and I slammed my fist into the window, it broke into tiny pieces and I stock my head out. I howled and jumped out the window to land on the ground, making a giant dent in the cement. "Let's begin this game, Allenir." I said and howled at the full moon.